Splitting Schedules

Doug_N

Ok Now I get it, and that is a unique situation unless you are using small paper.  If there is no possibility of rotating the schedule to get more room you could send it to layout twice and then crop opposite sides with the layout boxes.  Not sure that chief has a built in check box for that exact situation.

Put your schedule in a CAD Detail, Send to Layout, adjust the Layout Box to fit as much of the Schedule as you can on the first page, then Copy/Paste the Layout Box onto a second page and adjust the second Layout Box to display the remaining part of the Schedule.

Had a little more time to think about it and likely the best solution if none of the previous tips are satisfactory is to generate the schedule twice and have some or half of the columns in the first version and the balance in the second version then you won't have to chop the title in half.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

I thought there were potential issues when you have two copies of the same schedule?

Yes you would have to turn off the callouts for one of the schedules to avoid duplicates.   Any others you can think of ?

I'd tried this once when I wanted a second schedule without callouts and fewer columns to use for copy-paste to a spreadsheet. Problem I ran into was rows that were rearranged didn't match the second schedule. I'd guess it works if the rows are left alone. 

Hey guys, thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.  I am at the Fall Home Show this weekend manning a booth (oh my aching feet and back).  So I am having a hard time participating in the discussion.  Hopefully, I will be able to try some of the suggestions out later. 

If any of you are in the Toronto area, I am at booth 306 in the Toronto Exhibition Enercare Center 2018 Toronto Fall Home Show | Sept 28 - 30, Enercare Centre‎ so please drop by.  Would be very pleased to see you!

I really hate trade shows. but one must shake the trees occasionally to get fruit to drop.  

Lately, I have been really busy doing garage replacement drawings.  Strange how things come in groups.  

More later when I regain my sanity.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TonyDW
    Newest Member
    TonyDW

• By MarkMc
      Updated 2/28-added cabinet doors into schedule-one on it's own floating and example of it on a cabinet.
      Changed the corbel procedure-instead of specifying the symbol should be "inside" the cabinet I now embed the "holding cabinet" into where the corbel goes. This allows proper vector and watercolor views. Revised plan attached

I finally found a way to get millwork into the cabinet schedule without using architectural blocks. Problem with blocks is the dimensions read based on orientation in the space and not on the object.
      It's a bit of a futz at first but I'm happy. Once set up the stuff can live in the library.
      Place the millwork in a new plan, convert to symbol _CABINET DOOR instead of millwork. You will have to work with the origin and stretch zones. Origin will vary if it is going in as inset or trad overlay.
      Then place a cabinet, futx with the dbx (most need to have opening for back and both sides) In 3d vector view I change the sides of the cabinet to "opening no material"
      Once cabinet is done save to library- can later add a different millwork door to it to save work.

Plan shows a schedule, two millwork "doors" and a couple of cabinets using them for reference. Open all dbxs to get the idea. (no not doing a video)

I also placed at the bottom of the plan what I've been doing to get moldings, loose accessories, touch up kits, toe kick etc into the cabinet schedule. These are also saved to the library for reuse.
      The Text callout is placed once and copied. Dimensions can be adjust to read properly but the quantities are off so I put that into the label.
      Bracket sch.plan

• By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Could someone help me out to add a custom column heading to a schedule so that I can add some text to that schedule? 
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      I was wondering is there a way to rename a symbol so that the name appears in the schedule will be as required rather than the CA symbol name. eg. 2 way ceiling register, I want to rename it as supply air to reflect in my schedule. Is it possible? Any suggestions how i can achieve that?
    • By wazzubrad
      I am looking for a solution on how to insert schedules into Layout. I have tried converting the schedule while in a Plan to a Cad block and then inserting into layout by Copy/Paste, but this deleted the Note # specific to each line item and I would then have to manually add them for each line item on the layout page.

Here is a picture from a Chief layout where I have blue circled the schedule showing that Chief has inserted it into layout. Any ideas?