Landscape Shows In Doorway Or Opening

BlueEyeInteriors

Hello, I often time need to draw just one room not the entire Floorplan. In these situations the doorways leading in and out of the rooms show the landscape outside. How can I remove the landscape shown around a room from different angles without having to draw temporary walls around the rooms entry points. 

For example the arch opening in this screenshot is supposed to lead to another room but I am only focused on this space. Do I have to draw the entire space or can I edit what is seen from that doorway?

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 7.57.47 PM.png

Walls would be the most practical but you could just use a painted polyline solid if you don't want any extra walls on your floor plan. You can even use polyline solids if you want further control of the background seen from a window by applying a scenery picture to the polyline solid.

2 hours ago, BlueEyeInteriors said:

For example the arch opening in this screenshot is supposed to lead to another room

You can place a billboard image behind the doorway. Often I take pictures on site. Of things like an exterior view or an adjacent room that I don't want to detail but needs to be seen and use that for a billboard.  One image doesn't work for every point of view so use layers to control them, size and vertical locations need to be adjusted to suit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, solver said:

The model generally behaves better with a foundation and roof too.

This also helps with 3D PBR and Raytrace Views to reduce Light Bleed etc.

Normally it is easier for me to just draw a large Box eg 30x30' or 40 x40'

and model the Room in whichever Corner Suits or perhaps in the Middle of the Wall

if I don't need an Exterior Corner.

M.

I do a lot of one room stuff myself, and I've just modified my habits over the years to draw adjacent rooms right from the get go most of the time.  It typically only takes a matter of minutes and it adds quite a bit, not only to the realism, but also to the accuracy of the scene.  With the adjacent areas drawn in, you're much less likely to miss some of those extra dynamics that come into play with regard to those neighboring areas. 

If they are actually doorways (ie, no door, just an opening) and you want to infill with a color or material to fill the opening, you could try using a Wall Niche or Wall Material Region and change the Backing material to suit.