Shear Wall Legend

mslewis620

Engineer uses triangles & diamonds of various sizes - some are filled - to designate the different types. 

Do I modify a CAD box - the callout triangle doesn't appear to have the option of filling it - only the arrow. This is not the first time I've used these symbols but I can't remember how I accomplished this in the past. 

Running out of time to get my plans finished and I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out. 

Mac X6 user

When I say filling I should have be more clear - shading is what I'm after.  Drawzilla - I usually do just what you recommended but I need them shaded. The only option on the callout is to shade the arrow which I'm not using. The engineer has specified different shear walls with 4 different symbols - solid triangle, solid triangle with larger triangle around it, circle with solid triangle inside and just a triangle. 

The engineer sent me a PDF legend but I still have to insert them into the shear wall plan at the right locations. I'm thinking would be best to modify a square to be a triangle and then make it solid shading.

Hey if it comes down to it I will draw them by hand after printing the plans. Quite frankly the building dept could care less - only that they can figure out what's been built. 

I tend to go for the simple approach. Sure, you can make cad blocks with his symbols (Hieroglyphics), or, you could modify his shear wall symbols to look like what you can easily make in CA. My engineer calls out those 4 shear walls as P1, P2, P.... you get the picture.

I tend to go for the simple approach. Sure, you can make cad blocks with his symbols (Hieroglyphics), or, you could modify his shear wall symbols to look like what you can easily make in CA. My engineer calls out those 4 shear walls as P1, P2, P.... you get the picture.

Same with my engineer though he uses A,B,C etc.no shading, very simple to annotate.

Hey if it comes down to it I will draw them by hand after printing the plans. Quite frankly the building dept could care less - only that they can figure out what's been built. 

The Planning Dept. here won't accept any plans that has anything in pencil or pen that has been added after it has been printed. If revisions are needed, you have to reprint. They used to let us add stuff in pen but stopped doing this a few years ago.