Creating plot plan ands ending plan to layout

capitaldesigns

I am working on a room addition plan and ready to send  the plot plan to the layout sheet. In AutoCAD, for the plot plan, I use a single dashed line that outline the exterior walls and solid lines that represents the roof of the house. Is there away to do this in CA ?  It looks to be that I have to send the entire floor plan including the interior walls. Is this correct ?

One way I could do this is to trace over the exterior walls and give it a unique layer name, turn off all irrelevant layer then send this to layout. I'm hoping that CA has a better way of doing this. 

Thanks,

Mike

Yes Mike, If this format is different than any other layerset you are currently using just make a copy of one that is close and change the name and edit it for layers and line styles etc...  If you select the exterior room you can save a bunch of tracing time by hitting the "Make Room Polyline"  Tool.

Yes , you just send the whole plan to the layout to keep it live and just turn on and off what you need to show, it really helps to set up an anno-set to help save time, thing like having a separate layer for plot plan text and lines. I always say keep it live for everything.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am setting up and annotation plot plan set. Creating an exterior room polyline is a good idea. This works great for a one story house. How do I do this with a two story house ? I know I can have the 2nd story roof planes move down to the first floor, but how do I get the 2nd floor exterior room polyline to also move down to the first floor ?

Thanks,

Mike

3 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

How do I do this with a two story house ? I know I can have the 2nd story roof planes move down to the first floor, but how do I get the 2nd floor exterior room polyline to also move down to the first floor ?

No problem Mike,  Do it the same way I used to move roof planes before I knew there was a special tool.  Select room polyline CTRL + X then move to the new floor and CTRL + ALT + V

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

Do you send the entire floor plan to the plot plan or do send an outline of both floors and the roof plan to the plot plan ?

He sends the entire plan to layout...  it is live.  He picks the layers he wants on and assigns a line style and line weight to the layer.

The key is understanding which level you want to ref...  I think P. sends his first floor to layout and ref's the second floor.

1 hour ago, dshall said:

He sends the entire plan to layout...  it is live.  He picks the layers he wants on and assigns a line style and line weight to the layer.

The key is understanding which level you want to ref...  I think P. sends his first floor to layout and ref's the second floor.

Yes Scott , you are correct, you know me better than me.

I am attaching my plan and layout sheet with the plot plan. I am getting the plan ready for the HOA meeting later this week.

I still have a little more work on the plot plan, but this is how I have been drawing them for the last 33 years. I do not provide

the entire floor plan. I draw a dashed line that represents the exterior edge of the outside walls. I trying to figure out what is

the easiest way to do this.

Thanks,

Mike

Naimi Layout.layout

2017-02-X9_Design_1.plan

21 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I am attaching my plan and layout sheet with the plot plan. I am getting the plan ready for the HOA meeting later this week.

I still have a little more work on the plot plan, but this is how I have been drawing them for the last 33 years. I do not provide

the entire floor plan. I draw a dashed line that represents the exterior edge of the outside walls. I trying to figure out what is

the easiest way to do this.

Thanks,

Mike

Naimi Layout.layout

2017-02-X9_Design_1.plan

Go to CAD>create Plan Footprint>make sure CAD default layer is on>double click the plan footprint>de-select Display Plan Details>select display Footprint Poly Line>change line style to suit>should get you dashed line of outside walls>annotate to suit.