rcmcdougle

X4 to X8 plan blows up.

A client just decided to move ahead with a project begun in X4. There were some challenges in getting the roofs to work properly in X4 but they were resolved completely = First image - Front-01.jpg

When I brought the project into X8 for continued development all sorts of strangeness related to materials and roofs. The materials are relatively easy to sort out but the roof are making me crazy. I have a few exterior rooms that I can't locate and windows that are blocked by what appears to be attic wall bits. images - AtticWallFailure-1.jpg - AtticWallFailure-2.jpg.

HHEEELLPP - grasping at straws here.

Robb

Front-01.jpg

AtticWallFailure-1.jpg

AtticWallFailure-2.jpg

I too have had issues with roofs when bringing forward from certain versions. Some versions worked okay when bringing forward.

X4 to X8 is a large jump, you should expect some fix up.

Thanks for that... but do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with the fix up? I can't find the exterior rooms to start addressing the floating attic walls - if I delete a roof & build a replacement the problem returns.

Are those wall segments selectable in 3D?

Yes, post the plan if you want specific help with the problem

Strange that the plan is not displaying all the same issues for me but two easy fixes are the walls on either side of the porch.  Just select them and make them attic walls.

These are attic walls with some erroneous twisted nodes. Just delete them in 3D, problem solved. 

I don't get the walls in the windows.

Delete the Open Below room above the porch.

and 

rcmcdougle 1.jpg

The wall segments are selectable in 3D. They indicate exterior room when selected and will not delete.

Here is the plan ->

Somehow ceiling heights had gotten all wonky. This generated the exterior rooms and various other flaws. It was a lot more work than I would hope for but I think i can move forward now and flesh out that project.

Thanks for all the input - it was helpful.

Robb