Microwaves And Warming Drawers

brinkbart

Here is a library of popular microwaves and warming drawers. Some insert into full-height cabinets and some are under-cabinet mounted. Some are 24" and some are 30".

I have even included a set of pre-built full-height cabinets with these inserted that should take on the characteristics of the cabinets in your plan.

Some of these have higher face counts than I think necessary, but since you'll typically be using only one or two per plan, I think it'll be fine. Use at your own discretion.

Enjoy!

post-210-0-53545200-1402504103_thumb.jpg

post-210-0-91253600-1402504131_thumb.jpg

microwaves_and_warming_drawers.calibz

• Upvote 2

Once again, I ask, are your wonderful contributions available only to X6 users, or is there a way for them to be backward compatible to X5 and previous versions??

I have not found a way to convert them to older formats. I was never really sure why the version restriction in the first place... Sorry about that.

why the version restriction

It  might be more of a file format change

every release CA has re-vamped the library

it would be nice if CA created a conversion utility

but they also want users to upgrade and stay current

this is one reason why they offer the SSA option

so unless a 3rd party programmer is willing to create a conversion utility

those with older versions are SOL

Lew

DMDesigns, Hey wait, that's me..! :rolleyes:

Dave!

I use your double oven with warming drawer all the time! It was from your freebies pack I got a while back. As far as I know I did not include your symbols, but it does look like somehow your texture made its way in there (or didn't, as Kbird's error message would indicate).

Unless of course you made the ones I got from the Sketchup 3D Warehouse, which is entirely plausible.

I can't remember what formats previous versions used for the libraries and I don't have V5 installed anymore.

It may be possible to change the extension of a .calibz file to a .zip file and then use the contained .calib file to import into a previous version.

.Calibz goes back to X2-X3 maybe earlier X1? , but if you extract the calib you lose the included textures (if any).....  and it does not help with the "version" problem , ;) perhaps if you are a master with a hex editor , but not us mere mortals...

• 4 months later...

Once again, I ask, are your wonderful contributions available only to X6 users, or is there a way for them to be backward compatible to X5 and previous versions?? 

Louie, I have said many times that YES, symbols can be backward compatible. Very easy to do. I will download this library tomorrow morning and make it useable in X5. If anyone needs them in an earlier version, let me know. Email me at my email address in my signature.

I just downloaded the library. There are a lot more symbols than I thought in this library. I moved it to X3 and X5 but you have to offset the fixture for each symbol unless some of them are stand alone symbols (not in a cabinet). I didn't look at them all. If this winds up taking too much time, then I'll do an online meeting with whoever is interested and show you how to do it and I'll send the files necessary to do it in your version. I also think it can be done in very earlier versions that have .alb files too. I can't load V10 (get the hardware lock to work with Windows 8) so I can't test it. The textures need to be reset as well but I'm not going to do that. It can be done by the user. The 3D look will look correct but will not look exactly right in 2d (plan view) meaning the appliance will be inside the cabinet, not having the front sticking out slightly. It's more difficult to do this for items that are placed in cabinets. It's a snap for stand alone items. I'll post an example of 3D and plan view in the morning. It will look the same for all versions. Can this be done? Sure.

Okay, here is the 24" built in that will work in X5. You can see though that the cad block in plan view isn't quite right but may due if you want these. I believe the others will move just fine that are not in cabinets. The color layers had to be reset and the origin of the appliance had to be set. If anyone is still interested in an earlier version of this library, email me and can live with the way it looks in plan view. Moving symbols back to earlier versions is a minor pain, but if you want them it most certainly can be done with any symbol. It will take a little of time to do this for all of them. I can make a library with folders just like the original library. Maybe the person who did this library has a fast way of doing this. BTW, I'm doing this from with-in Chief. Not using an outside program.

post-66-0-33826900-1413988343_thumb.jpg

Tommy:

true

1. open .calibz file in X2-X6 and save as .dwg or .dxf

or some other format Sketchup can import

2. save as .SKP ver 6

3. import .SKP file into X1

Lew

Not sure that can be done. I don't see an option to import Sketch-up files in x1. Maybe I'm missing something though or forgot how to do it.

Have you done a Tutorial on this technique , perhaps on the old Forum,  Tommy?  if not perhaps you could ?

I didn't think this was possible either and am still using an older version and find the odd symbol here that would be useful but most are made in X6 these days.

Mick.