cjanderson66

Baseboard showing up on exterior elevations

I am working on a very complex remodel with several different levels on it and I am having trouble setting floor levels.  In one situation, I may have changed and exterior wall height and now my interior baseboards are showing on my exterior elevations. What you are looking at is an upper level floor with a garage below and the baseboards/flooring are showing in the upper floor on the exterior elevations.  For the life of me I cannot firgure it out and I know that there is a CA expert here that can help.

Thanks, 

smith exterior rear.jpg

Try Rebuild Walls/Floors/ Ceilings Framing under the Build Menu

I wish it was that easy.  I tried that already.

You might try setting the room type to undefined and see if you can reset the baseboard definition.

Never seen that one before, are you sure it's a baseboard and not a floor?

It looks like the baseboards are associated to the floor level of the room. Maybe go back and double check to see if the baseboards in that room have an offset value, or if in the structure settings of that room you have something strange going on with respect to the floor height. 

I think it would be a good challenge to see who can get baseboards to show like that. Sorry I'm no help - never seen it.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:12 PM, Kiwideziner said:

I have basically fixed it, as I had to go to an exterior elevation and adjust the walls on the upper and lower floor.  I am still a bit confused sometimes as to floor levels and adjusting the walls/foundation in elevation mode.  As with anything there is always a learning curve.

On 12/9/2016 at 3:34 PM, Griffin said:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RobScott
    Newest Member
    RobScott

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip