X6 Problem Printing Layout To Pdf

pete4638

I just tried to print a PDF, using Adobe Acrobat X as the printer, from a layout. No matter what I did to the configuration, the print process cut off the right side of the sheet. This never happened in X5.

This was one function of X5 that definitely did not need to be improved. Any suggestions?

Peter Bucy

I use Cute PDF and Adobe Acrobat Pro V6 with Version 10-16 with no problems ever BUT as Lew and Kiwi said, you miss a settng in the print dialogs of Chief or the Printer software (just one!) and you are screwed. I always print very methodically and take nothing for granted in any dialog, checking them all carefully, otherwise you just get wasted time as a product.

DJP

My understanding of paper sizes is that 11x17 is tabloid/Ansi B & Arch B is 12x18, so it is understandable if you don't get the same results.

One thing I had to get used to in X6 was there are now TWO places to make sure you have everything correct now. The Drawing Sheet Setup dbx and the Print View (Layout) dbx.

While there were also 2 dbx in X5, a printer could be chosen from the Page Setup dbx, IOW, you could get everything just right from the Page Setup dbx; then when you printed, the Print dbx had everything just as you setup in the Page Setup dbx.

This is not necessarily the case in X6.

The print preview should be correct when it appears in the Print dbx. If not, there's something amiss.

post-120-0-60396100-1401805077_thumb.png

I can print ok to a pdf, which respects the paper size, so CA does it properly in my case.

I have however had issues with the printer cutting off the right side when I create a user defined paper size like 13x19. Whatever I tried the printer self-imposed a margin of 4.5", effectively stopping the printout at a width of 8.5". However, when I by chance tested the 'Super A3/B' predefined size, which happens to be 19.02x12.95 it all worked like a charm. I don't know where these definitions reside, if it is in the registry or a inf file somewhere, but something becomes different between user and pre-defined sizes.

My understanding of paper sizes is that 11x17 is tabloid/Ansi B & Arch B is 12x18, so it is understandable if you don't get the same results.

One thing I had to get used to in X6 was there are now TWO places to make sure you have everything correct now. The Drawing Sheet Setup dbx and the Print View (Layout) dbx.

While there were also 2 dbx in X5, a printer could be chosen from the Page Setup dbx, IOW, you could get everything just right from the Page Setup dbx; then when you printed, the Print dbx had everything just as you setup in the Page Setup dbx.

This is not necessarily the case in X6.

The print preview should be correct when it appears in the Print dbx. If not, there's something amiss.

The "Arch B" template in X6 default layout page size is actually set up at 11 x 17 and I would agree that is not correct. Not sure if this is a part of the OP problem or not.