rodhealydesign

Wood appearing on exterior wall with Dollhouse View

Hi guys

I've been designing a few houses, with generally the same settings, however when I view this particular one in Doll House view, I noticed the exterior wall is displaying wood at the top of the wall.

As you can see the house in the left image, is what I would normally get, however the house on the right is the issue I'm having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

post-11783-0-82895400-1469915361_thumb.png

Rod, Hard to say for sure, but you could take a look at your soffit settings or your roof baseline elevations.

My professor in school was always adamant about us NOT using the word "WOOD".  

Without making rated joke, he always repeated: It is not a wood, it is a lumber. Wood is ...

Same with "cement walls".

===

Go into layers and turn off displays for "walls, Normal" layer. You should be able to see wood framing. 

No way to tell if this is rims or some ceiling beam that you placed.

Alternatively upload your floorplan.

Thanks Guys

I checked out the layer displays (if I even have the correct setting etc), and turned it off, but now luck.

I have attached the plan if you wanted to take a look?

Regards,

Rod

Plan 2_CAF.plan

post-11783-0-61427400-1469955408_thumb.png

You are seeing the same thing in both views.  You are looking at the wood top plates.  The white areas is the top of your room crown molding.

Again,  I think both views are showing the same thing,  I believe you are not looking at it correctly.

The only place you see the wood is where the roof cuts the top wall. All other walls display the wall correctly. 

Exposed wood on ext. walls is where soffit connects to wall, therefore no siding above that point. Raise your roof planes ( you should anyway, bird mouth cut way too big ) and you will see exposed wood change. 

Rod, I had a chance to take a look at your plan and once you have the roof elevations corrected as suggested you might want  to look at the carport door walls and their non default heights.  For some reason we don't build that way in Canada but I like the way it looks, possibly because of the amount of snow we get.  There would likely be quit a few benefits to having room definition in the area of the carport and porch by using railing walls in the open areas and including your millwork posts in the defined railing wall.

Hi guys

Sorry for the lack if response. My client whom I am doing the designs for requested another angle of the Dollhouse view, so purely by fluke I have been able to avoid it for now (and have been avoiding it).

I tried a couple things, but will give the roof elevations a go, as it's obviously a roof setting I've messed up in my default settings a while back :-/

Greatly appreciate your feedback, and will present my findings shortly.

Regards,
Rod

Hi guys

Again, sorry for the the eternity it's taken for me to get back on here, been very busy.

Someone did suggest something about the birdsmouth cut, so I altered this back to 0 when building a new roof of one of my new designs, and it seem to correct the problem I was having :-) Dollhouse view now displays how it use to.

Thanks again for all the help.

Side note: I have attached some screenshots for reference etc.

Regards,

Rod

post-11783-0-17188100-1472038140_thumb.png

post-11783-0-85286100-1472038156_thumb.png

Clicking on trusses will (even if you do not have trusses)do the same thing--0" birdsmouth cut