-
Posts
2922 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by rgardner
-
As I put in your other post Landings are meant to be used as an interior landing between or on top of supporting walls. There is no such thing as a deck landing really. It is a small deck that the elevation is set with the floor elevation in the room dbx for that small deck. Then you can get beams and posts to auto build. That being said 99% of the time I am reframing my decks a different way than most using flush beams posts at the edges, etc. So I seldomly use any type of auto framing (other than to get the base of the rim joists and joists in place before turning on retain framing and manually adjusting it and adding my posts with the Post tool.
-
Landings are designed to fit between load bearing walls so will not frame with posts. A deck "landing" is actually a small deck with the elevation set to the height you want in the room dbx settings.
-
Draw the property line to actual north angle and add north angle in conjunction. Then rotate both north arrow and property to be at 90 to x/y and place over house. Site plan does not have to have the North arrow pointing up on layout. It just needs to show north in relation to the house plan.
-
Latest X14 Update - Wall Material Regions & Backsplashes
rgardner replied to Joe_Carrick's topic in General Q & A
Nice feature. Did you report it? -
PBR as it worked in x13 and now x14 works the same. The additional RTRT does not currently work on Mac arm chips but is in development.
-
That all being said when I do them I use the slab tool and then set my heights as needed and put it on the footings layer to emulate the same line type...
-
Something like this? Harder to get the chamfer you want to see but typically just detailed in cad in a section. Here I added a manual footing and then manually adjusted the height to the thickness you want. It can be done with some workarounds for room heights but it generally causes more issues than a quick grab of the bottom drag up, shift and type the amount you want to change the wall height.
-
Export the pbr as a png or jpg and import into your layout.
-
Hey Johnny good to hear you are still with Chief. I have a new Studio with the Ultra chip. It runs extremely well and fast. No RTRT yet (although a certain competitor whose name starts with V and ends with works does offer a RTRT feature so the ability is there), but you can still do PBR and CPU RT.
-
There is separate controls for wall and regular railing so you can turn off the wall railing on the right and leave the regular railing on the right for the stairs above. hard to tell from standard rendering (shows better with line overlay turned on), but it looks like your stairs are not touching the same surface of that wall on the right which is why your wall railing looks funky.
-
$$ Kitchen Quick Tools- Save an hour on every job
rgardner replied to Renerabbitt's topic in Symbols and Content
Wow @solver that’s pretty harsh to troll someone’s post for offering symbols and content! You know a style palette is still a tool right? I would say 90% of users don’t have the know how to put that many style palettes together to do those items. The other 10% understand the work involved and value of the work put in, and 95% couldn’t put it all together with custom icons. -
Try using a ceiling beam for a ceiling beam. It works pretty well.
-
What happens when you print it and look at the pdf. My guess is your GPU is having an issue. But this is how you know for sure.
-
Use the print method means the recommended way of producing a pdf document you use the stock installed "printer" of "Chief Architect save as PDF
-
Does the same thing happen when you use the print method instead of export pdf?
-
-
I saw this when I built a new x14 template to figure out one of the new dimension defaults that I don’t use had the special font to use custom instead of following the layer set text style.
-
Hmm that does look challenging. I would probably start with the doorway and possibly setup a secondary wall set as a partition placed in the same space with pony wall and railing set to follow stairs. May have to remove casing and jamb and manually place that with molding polylines though…. May also be an issue with the following stairs…
-
Same concept as Levis but if it’s an odd angle and I don’t feel like adding the angles as allowed angles or there are a ton is to use the line tool set to show length and angle. You can use the make perpendicular tool. Or use a line perpendicular to run a end to end dimension along but make sure you are not snapping to the line end so you can delete it (or change the line to zero line style after.
-
Not faster to set up a cabinet with no top sides or bottom with a shelf set where you want and use delete surfaces tool and make it a door symbol? Then just change the rear to be a false door and apply the reversed door symbol as the rear door. New cabinet would be set to not have a bottom and no separation. Bottom is actually part of the rear door.
-
Yes that is why Chief doesn't require a new template. Some templates will work fine from one version to the next. It has to do with configurations for tools that have changes such as text and dimensioning tools for example where it causes it to slow down as it conflicts with the new settings and has to use the legacy programming. Or at least that is how I understand it. I try to test my templates each version but usually even if I don't have any issues I will go and start a new template when public release happens and the stable version comes out with importing old defaults/settings from previous version template.
-
X14 runs very smoothly for me. Absolutely the only ones I have seen complain about it are either using old files that are causing an issue or have nvidia GPU drivers. X14 has been way more stable than x13 ever was and the efficiency boost with the new tools/features is amazing for my workflow.
-
Can you add your extra toolbars on the sides instead? Max OSX does have a limitation on the way icons are displayed that fights with chiefs programming and doesn’t allow me to have larger toolbars on the sides but I was told that doesn’t affect PC as much.
-
That’s why Chief allows us to customize it how we want. I liked using more toolbar configurations before. I recently changed over to this new arrangement to try it out and do not have an issue with it. I may add more configurations back in eventually but as I generally stay in standard config except when I detail out a kitchen or a bath I am not staying in the extended view so it’s kind of like a temporary condition just like swapping into your K&B toolbar. I find lots of time when I want MEP and cabinet tools together which is why I melded them together into one configuration. I was having this issue and it seemed to cause a crash with toolbars in particular and was able to iron it out with TS (that crash was Mac OSX specific with my system configs). With that problem solving I found out the following from Roy in TS that should help with your side bar issue: “After arranging your side windows the way you want them, try the following:1. Save the plan that you’re in2. Go to File->Close All Views3. Open a New Plan4. Go to Chief Architect->Quit Chief Architect5. Reopen the program and your plan and continue workingThe process we just went through is to make sure that the side window positions save completely.” Well best of luck figuring out what works best for your toolbars and I hope that helps with your side windows.
