DOOR line/layer/setting something??

buzzsaw204

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

• Solution

That is a threshold line automatically drawn with an external door.

The only way I know of removing it would be to have an internal room type built outside the door. 

That could mean having a room defined with invisible walls, no floor, etc.

• 5 years later...
On 10/10/2019 at 7:16 AM, joey_martin said:

Still there. Also still treats the door between the garage and the house as an exterior door. Super annoying!

In a lot of areas I think this is required by Code on interior access Doors from the garage as the Door must Air seal against fumes (Co2) etc.

M.

IMHO, the line is architecturally correct for planview exterior doors.  There's almost always a floor elevation change st these thresholds, maybe small, maybe a full step, and the line is there to represent that.

I'd only want that line NOT there, if there was no change in floor elevation, and I'll go further to say no change in floor finish, either.

I know a designer who always insists the front entry arrangement for a home have no step up from outside, thus his designs have either deeply canopied entrances, or are under an extension of a porte cochere.  The foundations are raised there, the floor framing hung inside, and outside hardscape paving brought up to match the floor level inside.