DrafterMD

Storefronts

Hello, 

I am trying to create storefronts. I cannot combine or make into a  block two aluminum windows to appear like one with one mullion at the center. 

Any help on this.  Thank you.

Draftingmd.

Without a specific plan or picture to go off its hard to guess exactly what you're after but I would start in one of 2 places. 

First...

Default Settings>Window>General>Options>Minimum Separation...change this to zero.

Second...explore the possibility of building the window out of a single unit and use muntins.

I did this recently with CA....and its the effect you want.  You have to know how commercial windows are made, and use CA to emulate the look.

actual_rendering.jpg

I haven't found a way to exactly replicate storefronts in Chief, but with the correct window settings and layout you can achieve a close facsimile:

post-95-0-52919500-1442925241_thumb.pngpost-95-0-51604900-1442925249_thumb.png

Insomnia.plan

Joe, would you consider posting a plan? I would like to learn how to use your method. Thanks.

Joe:

Thanks for posting the plan. I am curious as to why the bottom rail is shown as 1x4 and the rest 2x4 but when you look at it in 3D or XSec, it looks like it is also 2x4. Also, why does the railing, in XSec, extend up into the beam? Thanks.

Curt,

That was a down and dirty quick plan and I didn't pay much attention to the vertical heights.  The Rail sizes in the dbx are irrelevant since it's a "Panel".  The Rails are actually a part of the Panels.

Thanks Joe. I am experimenting and may (probably will) have another question or two about your method.

Robert,

Here's a sample plan

Joe,

What version. Are you using win 10. Does your maching have a blueray, if so, does it play program disks. I hust go an Asus but the Blueray won't install programs

Ron

Ron,  The Plan is X7.  The Windows version shouldn't matter but you will have to make sure your system is trying to open it in Chief Architect X7, not Blueray.

Or were you asking something else - just about the Asus computer?

Joe, thank you for posting this. I have been using a couple of methods to do storefront that sometimes work but this looks like it has more possibilities and easier to use once panel symbols are set up. Going to try it now!

Liz