Any Way To Do A Bay Window With Jamb And Casing?

Dennis_Gavin

What else would you have other than a jamb with casing?   What you have shown is a site built bay window - which would involve installing 3 windows in framed openings.

As Alaska mentioned, there are such things as pre-built bay and box windows that are, in themselves, a "window" of sorts.  Is that what you want?

Such as this from Pella:

http://www.pella.com/windows/explore-window-styles/bay-bow.aspx

Hi Dennis , another  way I used last time I did one of these was to Use the Pass Through , sized etc to fit "into the Bay"  , you have to place the PT to the side at 1st , then drag it into the Bay Opening though.

post-315-0-85398500-1433294289_thumb.jpg

General venting, trying to use this yesterday

I don't think the bay, and bow units work very well at all.

The exterior casings will not connect even with the no framing between command checked. 

I cannot resize the side windows to be big enough to connect to the center picture unit. Even with ignore casing for opening resize checked off.

Hey Joe, how do/did you make custom units.

Hi. I agree with MPDesign and have had the same issues;-Chief's Bay windows don't work well if you want a pre-fab, mulled bay window. Joe Carrick, would you mind posting your bay window symbols in the symbols forum or a link here? thanks.

Here's an example. There are almost 30 symbols in the set of Andersen Bay Windows.

I created them using Chief Solids for the various pieces and sized them to fit.

This particular Symbol was done as an Exterior Fixture and is used in concert with a "Pass-Thru". It could be converted to a "Custom Window" but since CA has not yet fixed the way the Custom Windows work, I have held off on doing that. It means the Window Schedule has to be "hacked" but otherwise it's easier than fighting with the Window Tool.

Hopefully CA will fix the problems with the Custom Windows - introduced in X6 but never adequately finished.

45-P4035-20 Anersen Bay Window.calibz

post-47-0-16203600-1433339837_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-84423100-1433339853_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-20625500-1433340535_thumb.jpg

Wow Joe that is very generous of you! Thank you, will put to use since Anderson is right in the neighborhood! :)

Dennis- I played around with the ctrl override, success! thank you for the reminder.

cheers!

post-130-0-69725800-1433341966_thumb.jpg

General venting, trying to use this yesterday

I don't think the bay, and bow units work very well at all.

The exterior casings will not connect even with the no framing between command checked. 

I cannot resize the side windows to be big enough to connect to the center picture unit. Even with ignore casing for opening resize checked off.

Hey Joe, how do/did you make custom units.

With Chief's window , if you tab to select the individual window and then pull on the side handle , (sometimes takes a few tries) you can usually get the windows to join on the corners , once you have done all 3 windows it doesn't look too bad for most views though it could be nicer.

post-315-0-12346900-1433363444_thumb.jpg