How Can I Make Half Of An Upside Down Pyramid Shape?

freshrooms

Yes, I am trying to just work with the interior.  And yes, they are related to the roof. I have the interior measurements...  I attached an aerial view of the roofline, but roofs do not come easily to me!  This room is the one on the top of the photo.

post-278-0-08370600-1428507537_thumb.jpg

Just draw a couple of roof planes with the slope set as needed.  Then you can manually manipulate their location and/or shape by using the roof plane(s)' handles and the break line tool.  If the elevation of the bottoms isn't right, using CAD and/or Transform/Replicate, move the roof planes up or down as needed.  Use the #2 as a short cut to join them on the common edge.  Check out the manual if stuck on any of these tools/actions.  Good luck.

PS:  If pressed for time, give me a call and I can probably talk you through it faster than you can figure it out.

Here's what it looked like when I did it with two 8:12 pitch ceiling planes:

attachicon.gifClgPlanesImage.JPG

This might actually be the better option when you factor in the view out the windows - I'm sure you don't want to see the pyramid floating outside; though I guess you could use some rectangular solids and boolean operations to shave the pyramid down to size.

Thanks Humble/Larry.  At this point I am going to stick with the pyramids on the outside of my room because I have spent too much time messing around and this is good enough.  I sort of, kind of, understand what you did and will go back to your video a little later to try to absorb and recreate it on my plan.  My first few attempts are less than stellar...

-Amie