Selecting Nvidia Card

Dennis_Gavin

OK, just noticed that my copy of X7 is using the built in Intel graphics card.. I have it set to use the Nvidia in the Nvidia control panel unless I am not doing it right.  Set the path to chief X7 directory and selected the exe file for it.  IS that correct?

Graeme - which 2 files?

Joey - right click on what file/where to change default?

The default for both the main chief x& exe file as well as the ray tracer exe file are set to the Nvidia caard but the Intel shows up under preferences for ray trace.  I guess I will call TS tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Graeme - which 2 files?

Joey - right click on what file/where to change default?

The default for both the main chief x& exe file as well as the ray tracer exe file are set to the Nvidia caard but the Intel shows up under preferences for ray trace.  I guess I will call TS tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Not sure what version of windows your using but I'm in windows7

See if this attached picture makes sense to you. You need to get to the Chief program and right click to get to the default setting for the video card for the Chief program. There may be another way but this was the best way I learned through Chief tech support.

post-2478-0-72886400-1428387422_thumb.png

Not sure what is going on. It is possible that you chose the 32 bit instead of 64 bit executable. Or maybe the executable you are running is in a different directory. Maybe a reboot of the computer is needed. You will need to relaunch Chief after you make the change.

OK, turns out I needed to update the driver.  When I checked for an update via the Nvidia control panel it said it was up to date. However, I was also having trouble with Lumion and someone from their site found that the driver was in fact not up to date and posted a link to the latest.  GOt it working now.  It's a real mind field out there. Can't even trust the manufacturer for the right information.  ;o(

OK, turns out I needed to update the driver.  When I checked for an update via the Nvidia control panel it said it was up to date. However, I was also having trouble with Lumion and someone from their site found that the driver was in fact not up to date and posted a link to the latest.  GOt it working now.  It's a real mind field out there. Can't even trust the manufacturer for the right information.  ;o(

Dennis I use the Beta drivers, and have for years, you get the updates a little sooner. NVidia updates about every month,