X7 Untitled Plan - Where Is The Backup?

JiAngelo

Started working on a new plan yesterday that I began with Chief 7's profile.plan so it was labeled untitled.  Forgot to save it and the program just crashed.  Re-opened the program and I can find the archives of the other older plans I had open at the time, but I can't find the untitled.plan's backup in the archive data folder.  Any ideas where it could be?  I'd like to not have to redo all the work.

Thanks in advance.

Started working on a new plan yesterday that I began with Chief 7's profile.plan so it was labeled untitled.  Forgot to save it and the program just crashed.  Re-opened the program and I can find the archives of the other older plans I had open at the time, but I can't find the untitled.plan's backup in the archive data folder.  Any ideas where it could be?  I'd like to not have to redo all the work.

Thanks in advance.

My 1st. rule is to save and name the plan before I do anything. In doing this, you won't have the problem you just encountered. An untitled plan will not be kept.

• 1 year later...

Not saying that Doug is incorrect but for some reason I have a bunch of Untitled plan files that show up in "File Explorer" when I search "Untitled" and they are auto_save.plan or auto_save_bak.plan possibly put there by windows from a power failure or computer crash but worth a look anyway.  Don't think I have ever saved a plan file as Untitled.

I also searched file explorer for untitled, I did not have any plan files saved as untitled.  

This is a process problem on my end, but it would really be nice to have a single backup file running called untitled in archives.  Even if this was overwritten each time you started a new sketch.  

Not saying that Doug is incorrect but for some reason I have a bunch of Untitled plan files that show up in "File Explorer" when I search "Untitled" and they are auto_save.plan or auto_save_bak.plan possibly put there by windows from a power failure or computer crash but worth a look anyway.  Don't think I have ever saved a plan file as Untitled.

You have saved it by the name "Untitled", so you have the auto srchievd file!