Why ais my floor missing?

Hannahfdc

My guess, that is a "deck" and you disconnected a wall to make a change or some sort of design move. When you do that all the decking and framing will disappear unless you check the box that tells Chief to "keep framing".

Older versions were not as bad at simply dropping all your framing if you moved a wall, X16 is. Still gets me everything I have a deck or balcony. 

Hit the REBUILD framing button and it will come back, but be warned, the beams and posts will be different if you had moved those during your design process. Be prepared to redo all that custom framing work.

When I open your deck room I get the warning message about your deck being over a non-deck room.  I think the solution is to change it into a different room type.  See if this tech article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00065/message-deck-is-over-a-non-deck-room-framing-may-not-be-correct.html

As for your post and beam railings, the beams will be at the room's ceiling height.  You can adjust the ceiling height to move it up/down.  You can also move just the beam up on the "rails" page using the "vertical offset" but this will give you gap between the beam and the post.  The other thing you can do is just manually draw your beams.

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

Chief has a problem (or at least I do) with railing walls meeting at a corner of the house. A minor offset could fix it.

I usually extend the corner with a 2 ft invisible wall first before I attempt the very dangerous, railing at a corner manoeuvre.

Open the room, change the room to "deck"...ignore the warning...and then on the deck tab, make sure you check "automatically regenerate deck framing". 

Chief gives a warning whenever you build a deck over the top of another room...in this case another deck room below. You should change all your deck rooms to the "deck" room type. They aren't "porches". 

2024-08-09_10-46-59.thumb.png.8b1dc01ea5a0cb79cdffda09d00bfb29.png