So, X16. Gimme the three best changes

GeneDavis

45 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

What are the best new things?

Leader lines for dimensions in tight spaces. Now we just need the ability to place additional text above or below the dimension numbers.

Girder truss lines and roof truss direction lines. Makes for much better control of auto truss framing results.

Poche fill options, nice for clean & simple section views.

The ability to dimension to and move individual railing newel posts. Definitely an improvement but I still find myself building post & beam porches manually with framing members for finer control.

Action history "browser" for undoing/redoing multiple commands at once.

Those are my favorite new features that I've had a chance to use, I'm sure I'm missing some and haven't found some yet. Nothing groundbreaking but some nice improvements overall.

***Also, some nice improvements to deck framing like flush beams and finer control of beam & post placement.

Edited by tundra_dweller

45 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

What are the best new things?

Adjustable Space Planning Boxes.

All of the Deck and Handrail / Newel upgrades.

The multiple Schedule updates and abilities.

Definitely upgrades and steps in the right direction. I haven't used all the new trinkets yet, but these are my favourites so far.

I have a lot I could touch on that are technically bigger and arguably better improvements , but there's a little teeny tiny one that has made my day tons of times.  I'm not sure its even listed:

If you select a dimension, you can float your cursor over any given node and you will see exactly which object is being dimensioned.  This is probably my favorite thing.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I have a lot I could touch on that are technically bigger and arguably better improvements , but there's a little teeny tiny one that has made my day tons of times.  I'm not sure its even listed

do share..I thought you might say this :D:
image.png.c66f34fd3adfeb8b497927fce4e29f71.png

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

do share..I thought you might say this :D:
image.png.c66f34fd3adfeb8b497927fce4e29f71.png

Funny,  although I have played with and tested that, I don't believe I've actually put that to any good use yet so it would be pretty far down my personal list.  Much closer to the top are a lot of the little things.  As far as big things go, it's probably some of the various added Schedule capabilities, and perhaps the Action History. 

I don't really think 3 best changes is a fair question, because I would probably take a lot of the little things in lieu of some of the big ones...the dimension thing I mentioned, Hide Selected Edge for Polylines, Delete Dimensions tool, some of the Materials List improvements and fixes, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...