Cabinets display joint lines inconsistently in plan view

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

Attached is a plan view of a kitchen with cabinets displayed.  I drew two arrows to point out lines I cannot make go away.  The cabinets both sides of these two lines are same type, height, distance off floor as adjoining cabinets.  No other cabinet to cabinet lines are showing.  Why these?

Screenshot 2024-03-25 095851.png

From experience with clients who like to place cabinets holding down the ctrl or cmd button, 99% of the time the cabinets are not precisely joining.  Its hard to tell if its the quality of the screen gram but it looks like the upper cabinet was forced placed and is just very slightly pushed into the wall if the line at the front is indicative of its location.  Use the bumping arrows to move away from the wall and the adjoining cabinet then bump it back into place and see if that is what is up. Otherwise post the plan.

Not sure why you would get the extra lines with the wall cabinets but like others mentioned, sloppy connections could easily cause that.

The island looks like a very old Chief bug.  If you have 2 cabinets bumped against the back of one other cabinet, you will almost always get an extra line.  Someone at Chief told me years ago that cabinets can only make a one connection per side so anytime you have a side bumped against more than one cabinet you will get stray lines.

The easiest way around this is to just turn on the module lines so you will see all of the boxes.

6 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

The island looks like a very old Chief bug.  If you have 2 cabinets bumped against the back of one other cabinet, you will almost always get an extra line.  Someone at Chief told me years ago that cabinets can only make a one connection per side so anytime you have a side bumped against more than one cabinet you will get stray lines.

This is good to know, I've spent a lot of time trying to chase down those lines over the years, usually end up masking over them or representing the island with CAD in plan view.

Interesting.

Slide the cabinets above the stove out, grab the wall cab to the right of the corner cab, nudge it right, nudge it left. When it reconnects the line goes away. Not sure why it's doing it in the first place though.

*Edit: Oh hey once those cabinets above the stove are moved back, the line returns. Hello, culprit.