The Correct Way To Get Schedules To Layout

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

As luck would have it, working ALL NIGHT to get the redi-check CD's out the door (this morning). I thought I was following the help to the t-went to a elev section tools schedules inserted door, window, cabinet and finish schedules there. Turned off all layers except for schedules, sent to layout (sheet 5), wow did it look nice.

Only thing, the elevation section view on page 4 now has schedules plastered all over it too! I opened tools layer management for that view and turned off schedules, but they're still there.  I didn't want to try this before I asked the question, but I am assuming if I delete the offending schedules (which will also delete all the work I did on the elevation section) I can go back and just add the elevation section again and it won't affect sheet 5 which is nothing but schedules?

That's what I get for being a NOVICE!

I SURE AM TIRED!!! Think I'll take a quick nap?!?!

post-1662-0-75654600-1425028384_thumb.png

post-1662-0-08040500-1425028393_thumb.png

Create CAD Detail Windows for each Schedule.  Copy your Schedules to those Views and Delete them from the Elevations.

You might have to resend the Schedules to Layout, but I'm not sure of that.

Make sure that you only have one of each Schedule in the Plan so that you don't get multiple Callouts/Labels.

I've never placed schedules in elevation views. I place all my schedules in plan view and place them in a position on the plan that will allow the plan to be sent to layout showing just the schedules. Or even create a Layer set that shows only schedules ('all off' layer set then select only schedules) and send that to Layout. Never needed to create CAD details of schedules.

And why can't you turn off schedules in the elevation view that has them plastered all over the place?

This may be way off base but are the schedules on in the roof plan and the layout box is overlapping?

And if they aren't they could/should be then another view sent to Layout with the Roof plan cropped out showing only the schedules. Sorry, not sure what the problem is with something as simple as sending plan views, with schedules to Layout?

And Bob maybe you're a beginner but getting a job of that size out of Chief as an early Chief user is quite an accomplishment. Nice job.

I just zoomed into the schedule and sent the screen view to layout and placed it where I want. Is that going to create issues I don't know about? Have to get this initial Chief drawing out the door. So far, so good.

Maybe,  but put in a cad detail and you will find it is much more flexible

IMO, the best place to put your schedules is in a cad detail.  You can also put them in plan views and elevations but if you want them to display on a layout by themselves than that will usually be more work.

As for Bob's problem,  the only way I know of to get the problem you are having is that you used the same elevation camera and sent it to two layout pages.  Don't do that. 

Does throwing them in a CAD detail keep them live? I put them into layout but shrink my layout box to be only the schedules that way I can arrange them in layout to suit. I usually have schedules on multiple pages so it is easy to reference the schedule when viewing in plan or elevations.

Does throwing them in a CAD detail keep them live? I put them into layout but shrink my layout box to be only the schedules that way I can arrange them in layout to suit. I usually have schedules on multiple pages so it is easy to reference the schedule when viewing in plan or elevations.

Still live,  just much more convenient to move around and resize etc.

BUMMER! They want me to include a pdf of the structural plan in my layouts, but HOW do I add a structural sheet? I go to the layouts, tools insert sheet but I can't change the page number to S-1 without going to the zero sheet then changing it there renumbers all my sheets with S? ANY quick help?

In the Project Browser, right click on the Layout Page, select Edit Page Information and change the Label to S-#

Well Joe, I know it seems a simple process to the experts, but to this novice I can't even get that to work????? I thought I did it like you said, but after sending the sheet to layout, follow your steps but nothing changed?

post-1662-0-38351900-1425061468_thumb.png