Shutters inside porch

winterdd

10 hours ago, rgardner said:

Engineer is going to hate you on that one.

From a design perspective, I would move the windows into the porch, or out of the porch. Or I would add a second window to each side with one in the porch, and one outside.  Or I would adjust the size of the porch to avoid splitting the windows.  I think it would look much nicer. My two cents.

5 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Probably because of a point load over an opening, but it's not difficult to engineer. People just think it looks "wrong."

Proceed with fulfilling your client's request. :)

Yep they are they are the boss and pay the invoice and I work with plenty of engineers I can call at any given second for their opinion. If they frown on it I tell the owner and we rectify it.

13 hours ago, winterdd said:

Reason? I had them in porch but the owner wants them placed there for furniture reasons.

As mentioned because you are now placing the load from the porch roof in the middle of those two windows.  You now will have oversized headers which may cause issues with energy efficiency but now will most likely require four point load bearing footers instead of just two.  Just adding a few thousand dollars to the build.  But if that is what the client wants and they understand that by all means go with it.