When is the next sale?

mtldesigns

Hey Chief...

I recently bought a laptop to keep the business going, since my desktop STILL hasn't been fixed by Dell.  Supposedly tomorrow, hoping so.  My question is, this toggling back and forth to transfer my lone license is a PITB, when do you plan on having a sale for a person who needs a second license and who is current on his SSA?

Thanks

7 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Hey Chief...

I recently bought a laptop to keep the business going, since my desktop STILL hasn't been fixed by Dell.  Supposedly tomorrow, hoping so.  My question is, this toggling back and forth to transfer my lone license is a PITB, when do you plan on having a sale for a person who needs a second license and who is current on his SSA?

Thanks

You can no longer purchase an outright license.  You would need to subscribe to a new license.  You might be able to contact sales to see if they have a break for multiple licenses with a hybrid setup since you would have a legacy license and a new subscription license.

35 minutes ago, rgardner said:

You can no longer purchase an outright license

I recall this now, back in the day when Chief changed their direction, a lot of peeps were upset at the time.  I didn't think much about it, since I had "mine"..  and really wasn't planning on adding another system for just me.  Thanks Ryan. 

I was wondering what happened to your Dell Desktop....nothing apparently , not good......

It is as Ryan described it, and what a Client of mine did/has for the Company's laptop now He has an assistant, there was no "deal" for the hybrid System but believe the 1st year was 1/2 price as an existing User....  but while it is a major PITB you'd be even unhappier paying that :) , unfortunately gone are the days where you were allowed to install on two devices by most Companies easily.  I find it just as easy to login here ( desktop Icon)  and go to My Account at the top right and make it "available" before opening on the other device.

* the Annual Sale is usually between Xmas and  New Year and is in the 10%-20% range depending on the Year. Chief might be one of the Few Companies I deal with that  hasn't  sent me 10 emails since last week for a Black Friday Sale :) 

M.

20 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

there was no "deal" for the hybrid System but believe the 1st year was 1/2 price as an existing User....

I believe the 50% off is actually for Any Existing User Upgrading to the Subscription Model for the 1st year ......

image.thumb.png.2736db71db83bd28608c2b709f77e7be.png

Additional Licenses are $1295/yr     ( so subscription based )  at least until Dec.29th .

image.thumb.png.75929cb8e1a57d44765f16b7e4577cb2.png 

28 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

@Kbird1

Ok..   I was hoping like $299..  LOL.  Still need to check the numbers before years end, I might need more write offs.  Do you know if the SSA is required for each license?  Wishful thinking says no, but I probably already know the answer.

Additional Licences have always been 65%-75%? or so of the Full Price.   

( it seems strange to me that it seems even that might disappear come Dec.29th looking at pic above)

As far as I know SSA is no longer available to anyone, and they no longer allow Transfers of License's either (since Nov.29th 2022),

so you can't pickup a 2nd hand Additional Licence either anymore, everything is Subscription Only now........either monthly or yearly.

You can buy more than 1 year of SSA at a time while times are "good" though if desired, though I think it is restricted to 2 years now.

Mick.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:01 PM, Kbird1 said:

Additional Licences have always been 65%-75%? or so of the Full Price.   

( it seems strange to me that it seems even that might disappear come Dec.29th looking at pic above)

As far as I know SSA is no longer available to anyone, and they no longer allow Transfers of License's either (since Nov.29th 2022),

so you can't pickup a 2nd hand Additional Licence either anymore, everything is Subscription Only now........either monthly or yearly.

You can buy more than 1 year of SSA at a time while times are "good" though if desired, though I think it is restricted to 2 years now.

Mick.

If one is a legacy user and if they ultimately decide to stop at some point, don’t they get to keep the last version they have paid their SSA into?

44 minutes ago, BFogarty said:

If one is a legacy user and if they ultimately decide to stop at some point, don’t they get to keep the last version they have paid their SSA into?

As far as I know Bob that is correct , but you would need to confirm directly with Sales on that.

This is the Thread from this Time Last year about the new Subscription Model though...........

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/37322-chief-architect-software-licensing-changes-beginning-january-10-2023/?do=getNewComment

M.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, digitecht said:

It seems a fair hike in this price increase - about 18% for primary license.

Perhaps by this rate, this option will be phased out to match the yearly subscription rate very soon.:blink:

Then I will be switching to revit then. Revit got much more add-on service than Chief. CA so far has so limited catalog for the users to download. 

On 11/29/2023 at 7:46 PM, BFogarty said:

This is correct.  If your legacy SSA expires you still have access to a perpetual license of Chief Architect.  The version you have access to is the current version as of the date of expiration.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales

4 minutes ago, DerekPedersen said:

This is correct.  If your legacy SSA expires you still have access to a perpetual license of Chief Architect.  The version you have access to is the current version as of the date of expiration.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales

Thank you Derek

10 hours ago, DerekPedersen said:

If your legacy SSA expires you still have access to a perpetual license of Chief Architect.

I put a copy of this in my Chief folder. Just figured

it might be handy to have verification straight from

the horses mouth.  Emogi-3s.png.bf293cd9f51aedf75d6698760a12d212.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 12:25 AM, mtldesigns said:

Hey Chief...

Thanks

Would it make more sense to just do a month-to-month subscription on your laptop until you get your desktop/primary computer up and running, then drop the monthly subscription?  Seems more cost effective since your situation is likely to be temporary (if not already resolved).

6 hours ago, ObviousAlias said:

your desktop/primary computer up and running,

Hey @ObviousAlias we are up and running on the big boy box now.  Thanks for checking in.  I highlighted  (WITH NEW POWER SUPPLY)  in my signature when Dell fixed her.  Almost like new..

There was another thread on the sales of licenses that we all jumped on, if that's what you were looking for. 

1 hour ago, mtldesigns said:

(WITH NEW POWER SUPPLY)

Interesting coincidence -- My PC "broke" a few weeks ago.  It was still under warranty, so I sent it into the shop (NZXT).  It was also the power supply.  I hope to get the PC back next week.  Fingers crossed.

One thing I need to commend Chief on based on this experience: I found getting a fresh copy of Chief up and running on my temporary PC to be super easy and painless. Including switching the single user license to this PC.   My other work is using Autocad Architecture, and reinstalling that is a royal PITA and to be avoided!

Jim

PSA:  Just a reminder to all on SSA to buy another Year ( or 2 ) before the Price goes up on Jan. 9th 2024 by $100.

Hi Mick,

Thank you for your interest in Chief Architect Software.

At this time the furthest out we are extending SSA renews is through 12/31/2025.

On 12/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, Kbird1 said:

Hi Mick,

Thank you for your interest in Chief Architect Software.

At this time the furthest out we are extending SSA renews is through 12/31/2025.

Unless of course you are a special individual. B)

1620867265_ChiefSSA.thumb.PNG.91300cbd4b399aac691225d1fe948783.PNG

I ran all the numbers and by far the best deal for existing

SSA holders is to extend your SSA for 2 years. At this rate

you are paying $49.58 per month for 24 months. You will need

to call sales to get the 2 year deal as it is not available online.

58 minutes ago, Rich_Winsor said:

You will need

to call sales to get the 2 year deal as it is not available online.

That's right, I did it early last year  so was already paid up to Aug. 2025, so I was only allowed to get another 4 months now.

Mick