Using Chief Architect backdrops

Designers_Edge

I am finding that the catalog backdrops do not seem to be scaled proportionately when viewing a room in full camera view to get a 3D image. My problem is that often items appear huge out the window and what I see in the preview in my library backdrops is not at all what I get when inserted into the image.  I have selected many different backdrops attempting to find one that works making sure to select ones that have far away vistas.  I have included some screen shots to show what I mean.n  These are quick bare bones to demo and no changes have been made to the camera.  It is above the finished floor at the default height.  

Does anyone have a work around other than having to make my own?  I have tried making my own backdrops (not easy if you are not familiar with scaling etc.), but why do I need to do that when there are so many in the catalog.  I don't remember this issue 5-6 years ago. BTW Using up to date version of X15--just need to change my signature!   Thank you, Sharon

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 4.18.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 4.17.49 PM.png

I would definitely suggest looking at the spherical backdrop options in the Camera spec backdrop panel. It allows you to control how the backdrop is stretched across the inside of a big orb around your model. You can pull the top down, lift the bottom up, etc. It takes some playing with but that's probably the best way to really control how the backdrop behaves.

I rarely use Chiefs backdrops just for the thing you mentioned and also the actual views we have to chose from.  Who builds there home on a wave, in the middle of a lake or in the middle of the road as what we have with our choices.  If I can get to the site, I take pictures.. if I can't Google Earth is the route.

1 hour ago, mtldesigns said:

I rarely use Chiefs backdrops just for the thing you mentioned and also the actual views we have to chose from.  Who builds there home on a wave, in the middle of a lake or in the middle of the road as what we have with our choices.

Very true.  Of all the ones that you see posted on the forum it seems that there are really only two or three that users feel are acceptable to use generically.

You can also adjust the size of the image in GIMP, Photoshop, etc. To do this:

• Right click on the background and select 'Copy to User Catalog'
  • Go to your User library and open the copy
  • Obtain the file location from the Background Specifications (I'm using 'Pond & Park' from the Core Library as an example)
  • C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X15\Referenced Files\CoreCatalogFiles.zip#zip:Pond & Park.JPG
  • Follow the path to your background selection
  • From there you can copy/save the file to a folder of your choice and then open it in your favorite editing software (I use GIMP) and adjust the size as needed