I recently updated to x15 Premier and have loved the new features. However, I just ran into a problem. The camera tool is kind of busted. Standard view only renders the glass in the windows and light sources. Physically Based is a grey screen. Clay is also a grey screen. And finally, Duotone only renders the glass and light sources again.

Is this a problem that other people have ran into?

Any suggestions and help are appreciated as I use the camera view a lot in my design process.

I have attached to images that show the two main problems.

Chief Render Fail.PNG

Chief Render Fail 2.PNG

41 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Are you still getting the same type of image? Have you closed Chief and restarted your PC? Have you set your graphics card to recognize Chief X15 (nvidia control panel / program setttings)?

Yes I am still having the same issue. I also tried everything that you mentioned here and it is still persisting. Also, I should mention I am on a different machine currently, and a far worse one at that. So, I am rocking a RX550 instead of the 1660, meaning no nvidia control panel to set chief to use graphics card in.

They completely replaced their old render engine that used OpenGL with a new one in X13 so a machine that could run X12 just fine might not be able to run any of the newer versions. As far as I can tell, if you could run X14 fine than X15 should run as well.

You should verify that it meets the system requirements:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CFaasDFCo said:

I am seeing the same thing in my renders and its not allowing you to export a render without it having that grey background. Hope there is a simple solution.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:22 PM, Allen43 said:

Okay, I've double checked the system requirements and am still stumped. I'll reach out to support next.

Thank you all for your help!

It is probably related to an older Video card that does not full support Shader Model 6.5 in particular the necessary   Extended formats TypedUAVLoad.

Note: Some graphics cards, such as the NVIDIA 700 series, may support shader model 6, but may be lacking a critical feature called "Extended formats TypedUAVLoad". If a graphics card does not support this feature, the word "No" will be mentioned beside this feature in the image above, and the card will not function with newer versions of Chief Architect software.

More here :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03146/identifying-the-shader-model-of-your-graphics-card-in-windows.html

M.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:26 AM, Kbird1 said:

It is probably related to an older Video card that does not full support Shader Model 6.5 in particular the necessary   Extended formats TypedUAVLoad.

Note: Some graphics cards, such as the NVIDIA 700 series, may support shader model 6, but may be lacking a critical feature called "Extended formats TypedUAVLoad". If a graphics card does not support this feature, the word "No" will be mentioned beside this feature in the image above, and the card will not function with newer versions of Chief Architect software.

More here :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03146/identifying-the-shader-model-of-your-graphics-card-in-windows.html

M.

I’m running a RTX4070Ti so I don’t believe it’s an “older card” issue. 

Maybe not, but it still smells like a video card issue.  Maybe your not using the latest driver or maybe the latest driver is the problem?

At any rate, I would try this tech article first:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If that doesn't help you solve your problems, then I would call tech support and ask for help.

On 7/12/2023 at 11:33 AM, CFaasDFCo said:

For you no then but for the OP yes.............       .........So, I am rocking a RX550 instead of the 1660 now

• 7 months later...