Walk Through Video Sharing

Gawdzira

I have finally jumped into the walk through pond. Based on searching previous posts (are you reading this Joe?) I installed and am using the Xvid codec. I sent the video to a client who could not open the video. I sent him to the Xvid site to download the codec but I don't like to do that sort of thing (making work for clients).

Is there a better codec to use that will work for more folks and including working with Quicktime?

Can any of you mac users play the attached video (it did not work at the Apple store tonight)?

round cupola 1.zip

• Upvote 1

Alan - get anyvideo converter. IT is free and can convert to many formats.  I am using it to overcome  a problem I am having with a skewed image

I get when using that codec an trying to open in Microsoft Movie Maker..  After creating the avi I open anyvideo converter and add the file and convert to mpg4.  I can then open it in movie maker and make adjustments like increasing or decreasing the speed of the walk through.

You tube is an option but I think after playing it dumps the user into it's own screen.

With converting and adjusting in Move Maker I can decrease the file size and increase the speed.

I am getting better and using less compression (40%) and more frames (30).  It creates a huge

avi but when converted, speed adjusted and saved again the file size comes down and I get a walk through

at a good speed and SMOOTH.  I then have a file I can control, send to customers, use on my web site

etc.  And it is all under my control.  I wish Chief had other options besides avi and some tools to make adjustments.

But, it can't be all things for all people. And stairs come first!  ;o)

• Upvote 1

QuickTime Player can open 

• QuickTime Movie (.mov)
  • MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v)
  • MPEG-2 (OS X Lion or later)
  • MPEG-1
  • 3GPP
  • 3GPP2
  • AVCHD (OS X Mountain Lion or later)
  • AVI (Motion JPEG only)
  • DV
  •