X15 Beta has been released.

Electromen

15 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I just wish it were in the edit toolbar instead having to open a DBX and find it.

This touches on a general program wide problem with Chief. 

Opening a dbx takes a while, I’m assuming, because there is so many parameters and tabs in a dbx, so I can’t fault the lag on the software for that.

However, if Chief had a “status bar” in the toolbar for any object that is selected, and this status bar had just a few parameters, like length, width, height, height off floor and object type, then these main parameters could be changed on the fly without having to open a heavily loaded dbx. 

It’s not a revolutionary idea. 

X15 - critical stall,

I had a client over and moved X15 to the screen nearest him, and the program went into a spinning wheel of the dome, never to return. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall without luck. Upon startup, it goes into the spinning wheel of doom. X14 still functions as expected. I did use X15 for the last few days without incident. I'll contact support on Monday.

Ron

1 hour ago, HomesByDesign said:

X15 - critical stall,

I had a client over and moved X15 to the screen nearest him, and the program went into a spinning wheel of the dome, never to return. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall without luck. Upon startup, it goes into the spinning wheel of doom. X14 still functions as expected. I did use X15 for the last few days without incident. I'll contact support on Monday.

Ron

Fancy that? I started x15 in Windows Safe Mode and encountered the error as attached, I selected okay a half dozen times and managed to start and save a blank project. I rebooted in regular mode and presto, we're good to go.

Error.thumb.jpg.eda39200ddcc7b514a85bca7951b3361.jpg

On 3/4/2023 at 10:13 AM, Michael_Gia said:

However, if Chief had a “status bar” in the toolbar for any object that is selected, and this status bar had just a few parameters, like length, width, height, height off floor and object type, then these main parameters could be changed on the fly without having to open a heavily loaded dbx.

+1  windows, doors especially

• Upvote 3