Terrain Perimeter Not Showing in Plan View

kwhitt

My terrain shows up in camera view, but not in plan view.  The layer is checked on.  I need to edit its shape, but can't get it to show up in plan view.  Anyone know why?  Thanks, Kevin

31 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I need to edit its shape, but can't get it to show up in plan view.  Anyone know why? 

Check to be sure you are on the correct floor and then check the line type or color.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kwhitt said:

Also, does Chief have an infinite floor (or terrain) that can be used in camera views?

Don't use the TP as your PL ( copying/holding the TP,  turns it into a CAD polyline since you can't have two TPs ) , then just pull the TP as big as you need , and change the line style of the new PL line to an actual PL line from the Library.

Mick.

You might be able to use a backdrop - either a Generated Sky or a Background Color.

And just to add to Mick's post, I use the large Terrain and then a very thin (10mm) Terrain Feature for the property.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, glennw said:

I use the large Terrain and then a very thin (10mm) Terrain Feature for the property.

This is why I wish Chief could just shed its cutesy naming conventions and simply have one tool called a mesh, and let us name it whatever we want.

That’s what a terrain is anyway.  This way we could have multiple “terrains”. 
I realize Chief simply wants the program to be less intimidating but in the end it just adds to the confusion. So much duplication of tools, for what?