Why Does a Blank Template Plan Have "Used" Materials - Can I Delete Them?

NARDesignGrp

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

he majority of those materials are assigned as defaults.

Exactly ............  every plan has 30-40 Default (changeable) materials associated with it....

Doors, Windows, Roof Planes, Walltypes etc etc.

M.

I have a follow up question. When going through the "in use" materials list, is there a way to see what exactly that material is being used for? I have gone through all defaults and changed everything to what I would like but there are still some mystery materials that I am not sure where they are being used.

Chief X12

24 minutes ago, NARDesignGrp said:

I have a follow up question. When going through the "in use" materials list, is there a way to see what exactly that material is being used for? I have gone through all defaults and changed everything to what I would like but there are still some mystery materials that I am not sure where they are being used.

Chief X12

Are you sure that you went through ALL your defaults? For example, did you check all your Room Type definitions?  

49 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Are you sure that you went through ALL your defaults? For example, did you check all your Room Type definitions?  

Yes, I went through all defaults including Room Type definitions (several times to be sure). The highlighted materials are still a mystery to me. Any insight into something I may be missing is much appreciated!

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, NARDesignGrp said:

Yes, I went through all defaults including Room Type definitions (several times to be sure). The highlighted materials are still a mystery to me. Any insight into something I may be missing is much appreciated!

Capture.JPG

Those all look like materials that would be used in either material defaults, wall type definitions or room type definitions.  Post a copy of that plan though and one of us will take a quick look.

31 minutes ago, glennw said:

I just had a quick look and found a couple quickly.

Interior Stair Defaults>Carpet Runner>Carpet-04 Ghost

Exterior Stair Defaults>Carpet Runner>Non-Slip Surface

+

Various items in Electrical Defaults>Light, Black, and Mouse

Wall Niche Defaults>Bone

Roof Defaults>Skylight Frame>Dark

Siding-6 Wall Type>Lap Siding

33 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm curious if anyone will be able to find where the "Maple 5" Plank-Natural" is being used.  Seems like it might be hard-coded somewhere, maybe for Legacy purposes.  I don't know, just a guess.  I gave up trying to find it.

I am as well. I have gone through many times again and cannot find it. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm curious if anyone will be able to find where the "Maple 5" Plank-Natural" is being used.  Seems like it might be hard-coded somewhere, maybe for Legacy purposes.  I don't know, just a guess.  I gave up trying to find it.

Did you check every room type?

16 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Could this be it?

image.thumb.png.550438452c8e2e71d6667290ad3e3348.png

I was thinking the same thing that it was a copied texture and thus using the same texture file, that is using it but the texture files are two totally different files.

Didn't spend that long but I couldn't find it either.