Renderings going black/pixelated X13 on Mac

proformacon

26 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Have you sent that plan in to the help desk?

Have you tried sending views to layout as plot lines instead of live?

I have not, I emailed them about an hour ago asking about just using my license for X12 instead. Although I guess Id rather email them for a solution rather than using X12.

My elevations are fine. This happens with overview cameras, perspective and ortho, so no send to layout as plot lines.

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

While you are waiting for a response from tech support or a better answer here have a look through this article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

Done and done. I did a search and read through a few other people having the issues as well with no posted solution. Unfortunately the directions in the link you sent didn't work for me.

How old is your Macbook Pro?

Are you updated to the latest version of MacOS Monterey?

Have you tried a simple reboot?

Is your graphics card driver up to date?

I never send renderings to layout "Live", but as "Current Screen As Image".

12 hours ago, SusanC said:

How old is your Macbook Pro?

Are you updated to the latest version of MacOS Monterey?

Have you tried a simple reboot?

Is your graphics card driver up to date?

I never send renderings to layout "Live", but as "Current Screen As Image".

Its a 2020

Everything is up to date.

Yes I have tried rebooting.

Okay, Current Screen as Image is a simple work around for sending to layout but the bigger issue is rendering at all like in the screenshot goes crazy screen wise.

On 2/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, proformacon said:

This happens with overview cameras, perspective and ortho, so no send to layout as plot lines

send as Image for now instead .....only downside is remembering to update it as needed , but I just save the Camera

, open it and resend again.

M.

23 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

send as Image for now instead .....only downside is remembering to update it as needed , but I just save the Camera

, open it and resend again.

M.

I can do that no problem but it doesn’t really solve my issue. My respective, ortho and now I’ve realized my elevation views still look like the screen shot I attached. The layout is really the least of my concern since there’s a work around. But I can’t use any of the view, they all are black and pixelated. 

On 2/18/2022 at 12:33 PM, Kbird1 said:

Only I don't think you have X14 ? 

Hopefully you don't have a graphics Card Issue , pixelation is one of the 1st signs of a GPU dying....

M.

Typo, fixed to X13.

And I seriously doubt its a graphics card issue considering it works fine for every other program I used for instance rendering in Twinmotion. It is Chief Architect specific and tech support could not help.

Does you MAC have an Intel Graphics Card?  ( not in Sig.)  I have seen posts similar to this over the Years when laptops had Intel GPUs

and bad Intel Drivers etc.

I am not a MAC person sorry but Chief recently posted this KB Article.....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03108/supported-intel-graphics-chipsets.html

And I seriously doubt its a graphics card issue considering it works fine for every other program I used for instance rendering in Twinmotion. It is Chief Architect specific and tech support could not help.

It is very likely a graphics card issue but this does not mean that your graphics card is not working correctly.  It might not be a supported video card or there may be something else that it is interfering with it and causing it to not function.

You should review the tech article that Mick posted above. You should also review the system requirements and known incompatibilities:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/known-incompatibilities.html

If your computer meets our system requirements and is not listed among the known incompatibilities, then you should contact technical support again and ask for additional help.  

I’m having regular but random crashes (SEH) on my 2022 M1 MAX. It’s brand new and is awesome with every app I run on it but I have issues with Chief, X13, so much so that I have reverted to using Chief on my WIN 11 PC.  Not happy that I purposefully chose a fully spec’d mac, $$$, only to return to my 2016 windows desktop. 

I haven’t had the black background lock up…but I have had the following:

- when sending anything to layout, there is a lag, the display goes mostly black and in about 5 seconds, the plan or whatever, is present on layout. I’m seeing this as a Chief problem. I can only imagine the difficulties in coding for Apple when they totally changed their hardware. 

I’d love to stay on the mac, but I’m glad I upgraded my windows machine when I did. 

most expensive laptop I ever bought…….to browse the internet…..really fast….

Just to confirm because you are using a laptop which has TWO GPUs an integrated and a dedicated you have it set to be using the dedicated GPU for chief correct.  Because that will happen if you are using the integrated chip.  Sometimes the power settings can get tweaked and it makes it use the integrated which is for easy stuff like web browsing, etc.

6 hours ago, para-CAD said:

- when sending anything to layout, there is a lag, the display goes mostly black and in about 5 seconds, the plan or whatever, is present on layout. I’m seeing this as a Chief problem. I can only imagine the difficulties in coding for Apple when they totally changed their hardware. 

This is an issue with x13 across both platforms.  Make sure your mac has the latest x13 update available, it helped on my system.  When you switched to your PC you may have downloaded it directly after the update thus the difference.  Worth checking!

I just recorded the whole thing and uploaded it to YouTube, but when I paste the link here on this site, I get a forbidden error message.

So I took a screen shot of the error message and that also is forbidden from uploading.................very weird. 

Yes I still have the "black out Issue" along with several others, but with my 3080 , it is quicker to disappear it sounds like than the M1 Chip, unlike you it is not followed by a crash though , so it is possibly not linked? I  have more issues in Plan and Templates built in Earlier Versions which almost guarantee a crash in 3D.

Mick.