sliding window open direction

ChiefuserMathews

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, CV-reno said:

I find I have to go through every kind of opening in the default settings to set that parameter. Would have been nice to have a 'global' value for this, still allowing an override on each opening, or maybe I missed it ?

You can do that in the Window Defaults and then use the windows dbx to toggle the display of indicators on an individual basis.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 9.48.03 am.jpg

• Upvote 2

Sliding windows and doors will have the opening indicators turned on by default if you are using the template plan that ships with X13. 

If you migrated your template plans forward, or you are bringing in a plan that started in an earlier version, they will be off by default.  This was done so that plans would not change unexpectedly when you opened them in X13.

If you would like to show the opening indicators for sliding doors and windows for your legacy plans or templates, just turn them on in your door and window defaults.  Keep in mind that you can also group select and edit your defaults if you would like to turn them on for more than one at a time. 

You should normally keep the windows and doors that are placed in your plans set to "use default" unless you need to override them for some kind of special situation.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, glennw said:

You can do that in the Window Defaults and then use the windows dbx to toggle the display of indicators on an individual basis.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 9.48.03 am.jpg

If one really wants to have all the openings indicated by default, not just windows but also doors interior and exterior (sliding, pocket, etc.), one needs to go into each of these defaults.  My point is that theer's no global setting that applies to any type of opening.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, Dermot said:

Sliding windows and doors will have the opening indicators turned on by default if you are using the template plan that ships with X13. 

If you migrated your template plans forward, or you are bringing in a plan that started in an earlier version, they will be off by default.  This was done so that plans would not change unexpectedly when you opened them in X13.

If you would like to show the opening indicators for sliding doors and windows for your legacy plans or templates, just turn them on in your door and window defaults.  Keep in mind that you can also group select and edit your defaults if you would like to turn them on for more than one at a time. 

You should normally keep the windows and doors that are placed in your plans set to "use default" unless you need to override them for some kind of special situation.

Yes, I did migrate from earlier templates.  Thanks for the heads up.