WildcatFury

Window & Door Openings in ICF

How do I get the plan view to show the right size rough openings for windows and doors, so that the dimensioning is correct for ICF walls? Right now they are showing based on the window and window frame size but not RO size to show the required wood bucking.

change your framing settings, add 1.5" to all sides and allows for window bucks

2020-11-30_17-05-01.jpg

Thanks Shane, I have done that actually allowing 2" for 1.5" bucking and space to plumb and square. Just an FYI my schedules show the proper RO sizes, just not seeing it in the plan view openings.

9 minutes ago, WildcatFury said:

just not seeing it in the plan view openings.

Do you have your dimension defaults set up to find them?

ICF walls, which I don't use often, are probably considered concrete walls and as such you will need to make sure that check box is checked to show that extra opening in the plan view as well.

10 minutes ago, WildcatFury said:

just not seeing it in the plan view openings.

What are you "not seeing"?

Are you asking about dimensions, or seeing an actual gap in the wall?

The openings (gaps) are showing in the walls but the opening size does not reflect the actual rough opening size. Example: I have a window in the wall that actual sizes (from window manufacturer) are 37 5/8" x 56 7/8". In the framing specification I have called out for 2" rough opening on all sides. I also marked the "Add for Concrete Cutout" 2" each side and checked show in plan, but plan is only showing a gap in the wall at 37 3/4" as where it should be 41 5/8". 

4 minutes ago, WildcatFury said:

The openings (gaps) are showing in the walls but the opening size does not reflect the actual rough opening size

Usually helpful to have an image or 2 so we see what you see.

And often a simple annotated plan helps.

The screen shots below show the window opening in the plan view with a point to point dimension, The other shots reflect my data entry in the window specification dialog.image.thumb.png.295381644abf5068f2c33c4197cef9a3.pngimage.thumb.png.e04c4463f89a0490718a40c91a122733.pngimage.thumb.png.26e96fae2333fe2b25399f8ccf564f44.png

1 hour ago, WildcatFury said:

The openings (gaps) are showing in the walls

What you are seeing is the Frame, not a gap.

Here I made the rough opening 6" wider than the window, and set my dimension to locate rough openings.

ct1.thumb.png.0a32a76fda60905a61df2432343c50e5.png

And ...

Add for Concrete Cutout - Specify the amount to add to Each Side of the door opening when the upper part of the door is in a framed wall and the lower part is located in a concrete or masonry wall, stem wall, or garage curb. See Wall Type Definitions.
• Uncheck Show in Plan to suppress the display of the concrete cutout in plan views. A concrete cutout will only display in plan views if it is located in a garage curb. See In Plan Views.

• Like 1