Board And Batten Texture

Chris50

Or you could use the one(s) in the library:

post-191-0-43772500-1416377326_thumb.jpg

And you can find a Board & Batten pattern in Chief's "Custom" siding patterns:

post-191-0-86058000-1416378416_thumb.jpg

Here's how the one in my example dimensions in a cross section camera view:

post-191-0-15302500-1416378478_thumb.jpg

You can rename the B&B material if desired.  If you're needing a wood texture, for some reason the Chief "Dudes" forgot to give us a wood-grain texture for the cedar B&B materials.  What were they thinking???  Maybe you can cobble one together if you can't find a decent one in the forums' archives, in the Trimble 3D warehouse or somewhere else.

We discussed this in Feb. on the Symbols Forum ,the attached file to this post should work in X3 too

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/137-board-and-batten-siding-texture/page-2#entry2077

I actually messed around with this again a couple of weeks ago and posted a new file here too, 3 sizes now 8" 10" and 12"

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/499-how-to-draw-board-and-batten-siding/#entry2664

I would send it in to TS and see what they say.  Hard to say without a plan to see if what you are seeing can be duplicated by others.  Maybe its a VC issue or some other crazy thing???  Does it change if you rotate the camera just a little ... or a lot?

No change when moving the position of the camera either a little or a lot. It looks like it is definitely associated with whatever is behind it (see the second pic where the siding has been lifted). I have placed it on an interior wall and no problem. I am heading out put when I get back I will try to post a plan.

Thanks

post-571-0-34557900-1416439297_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-85218200-1416439324_thumb.jpg

Mickey:

I opened your plan and your texture didn't stick with the plan although there appeared to be an image of it with the materials that came with it.  Rather than messing with trying to use the image of that siding for your B&B material, I went to the library and found a "horizontal" lap siding material that looked pretty close to the one that came with your zipped plan.  I used that material on your house on one end and the front to see if I could duplicate the appearance you were getting.  On the end I used the default size (42x42) for the texture while on the front I used edited size (84x84).  Of course I had to rotate it 90 degrees to make it vertical.  That is what you see below.  There is no indication of any lightness in the texture in the area of the floor framing and band joists.

post-191-0-54071400-1416770323_thumb.jpg

I guess what I did isn't much help since I changed materials, although it might give you an idea for switching your exterior material if different from what you used.  You could actually get creative and make yourself some 1x2 pieces to cover the seams (true B&B ... perhaps make several with different samples of the siding material to create a more realistic B&B look in rendered views.

Edit:  In looking closely at your 1st post and images, I see you do have a true B&B texture ... it almost didn't look that way when I first opened your images.