Formatting A Referenced Macro

jbaehmer

FYI

I've made doz & doz suggestions in this area and I know others have as well -- not including all the threads in the forum's suggestion area.

With my last inquiry, i was told by TS not to submit any more suggestions or to inquiry about extending RUBY as the the program was not designed to be extended into this area. Still scratching my head as to what a suggestion line is for?

Bottom Line: if any one at Chief is interested -- you might check your circular archives.

Yep,  Gerry has been all over this like white on.......  seriously,  this is nothing new,  there has been quite a few of us who have been looking for this stuff.

Well, again, I've never heard anything. But your right there may be some prior requests. Just not enough to hit the radar and make it through the grapevine here in tech. :)

Kirk,

You should search the Forums (new and old) for "Ruby" & "Macros" & "Labels".  If that's not enough, talk to Chris Tenbrink.

I have not previously noticed the change in window object properties.  In X5 we had to work around to get a macro for header sizes.  Headers are now part of the object_properties for windows.  

I view this as a positive step for continued implementation of Ruby.

I've included a screen shot of X5 Object properties, and the only header information is header height.

I must have missed the memo on this.  Are there other areas where object_properties have been improved? 

post-62-0-79317400-1412997222_thumb.jpg

Yes, I agree with all these. But I was referring specifically to Jared's initial request to convert the decimal output to mixed fraction. Which I'm hoping he was able to find a solution for based on Joe's and my input.

As to all these other requests, maybe a new thread could be started under the suggestions forum to discuss how each of these could be implemented in a useful way.

To further confuse Jared: attached is a macro to display inch only.  joe's method is a little better in that it rounds to the 1/16 " -- without that, you can get some weird fractions. To round to a different fraction change the 16 multiplier to another(8,4-- etc.)

For my self - i like to see more participation first from Chief as all the support has been on the customer side to date and mostly ignored.

header.zip

i was told by TS not to submit any more suggestions or to inquiry about extending RUBY as the the program was not designed to be extended into this area

Gerry:

maybe TS meant - file it is as a suggestion and not as a TS query ???

the day CA cuts-off suggestions - is the day CA starts to die :(

Lew

Lew:

Gray Area -- But the submittals considered "suggestions" were inquires as of why something did not not work properly in RUBY.

At any rate I won't be posting on this topic anymore -- as there is no internal support for RUBY in Chief -- IMNOHO --- so any meaningful future expansion other than some token is doubtful.

Wow - I leave work early on Friday and I come back this AM and see that I opened a can of worms.

This is something I know we have asked often in the past.  I am not a programmer so I don't know how complicated it can be to program it into the software.  If anything it would be good to know that CA acknowledges they see what we are going for and if it can not be implemented for "xyz" reason to let us know and not leave us in limbo wondering why they haven't done it yet.  I believe if we were given a reason why some features can't be implemented right now, most of us would understand.

However, Let's keep this thread going to bring keep it in the front of their minds.

I do want to say, that I do appreciate everyone at CA.  They all work very hard.  The creation of this software has changed my family's life in too many ways to count.  This is only to try and bring a feature that I (and many others) believe will help productivity.

Rant over ;)

To further confuse Jared: attached is a macro to display inch only.  joe's method is a little better in that it rounds to the 1/16 " -- without that, you can get some weird fractions. To round to a different fraction change the 16 multiplier to another(8,4-- etc.)

Appreciate it.  I noticed that if it a whole number only, it shows up strange.  Like if I put in a 9" header.  Here is a pic of what I am seeing.

post-314-0-11117900-1413046051_thumb.png