Lighting: Recessed Cans Work But The Others Don't

4hotshoez

I am having success with can lights lighting the model, but all other lights are not contributing (pendants, pucks, strips, sconces) Also, is there a voltage limit in Chief? When I increased the light levels in a darker area, the lighter areas went dark.

All lights are on and set to produce shadows. I tried boosting the pendants, but no effect.

Todd- PintoElevations.zip

It does not stop.  You stop when you want.

Nice kitchen, but don't you want a tiled backsplash wall?  Some undercabinet lighting?

Most of us use a quick render setup to check lighting, materials, etc.  Try setting up a raytrace config (mine is called "Quick") that has a small screen size (320 width) and none of the advanced settings that take more time.  This can help.

Be careful which lites you set to show shadows, and use some general lighting, both point type and directional, to help get the scenes to look more photo-real.

Me, I kind of prefer the NPR effect gotten with watercolor, lines over, and final view with shadows.

Todd,

You can set the limit on number of passes in the DBX.  Usually 10 is plenty.

Try some sun light in the scene for effect. set for morning or afternnon when sun is low in sky and will come through windows.  Adjust sun angle as needed.  I use both the north pointer and sun angle and rotate the north pointer which rotated the sun angle.  Also allow environmental light.

Good morning Todd,

Like Dennis, I seldom let a RT go beyond about 8-10 passes.  Gene's comments are very good - under cabinet lights & a full tile backsplash would help along with some accessories to provide a little color and interest.

Don't forget to add a molding edge to your countertops.  The sharp edges are disconcerting & I'm sure that's not what you would specify.

It does not stop.  You stop when you want.

Nice kitchen, but don't you want a tiled backsplash wall?  Some undercabinet lighting?

Most of us use a quick render setup to check lighting, materials, etc.  Try setting up a raytrace config (mine is called "Quick") that has a small screen size (320 width) and none of the advanced settings that take more time.  This can help.

Be careful which lites you set to show shadows, and use some general lighting, both point type and directional, to help get the scenes to look more photo-real.

Me, I kind of prefer the NPR effect gotten with watercolor, lines over, and final view with shadows.

This is the first the client will see and a tile backsplash has not been selected yet. As the builder, a 4" splash was spec'd, anything else is still extra cost. There is undercabinet lighting, but it is not showing. This is why I did this image. The pendants look dark too. They are on and boosted to 150 watts.

This was also a quick render setting, but about 1300 pixels wide for this one. I would hate to try a regular RayTrace if this was quick.

Is General lighting a fixture?

NPR?