Designer100

Cabinet and exteior elevation issues

Can anyone tell me why these joists are showing on front elevation?

Also I do not know why but this paticular project the kitchen cabinets say 36 in ht but are not lined up. 

Front elevation.png

2016-12-16 (3).png

• Downvote 1

You are talking about attic wall framing right?

What have you tried?

1) Selected the attic wall and hit "Build framing for selected object"

(assuming framing did not disappear)

2) Deleted attic wall and let the software regenerate it.

You can also simply turn off that layer in the elevation, there's seldom any need to see any framing in an elevation.

On your cabinet height not lining up, check that they are all set from the same point, ie. finished floor.

At one point it looks like you have full roof return across that gable. That appears to be the framing from that return. Re-frame the roof. Not sure about the cabs.

There are only a few possibilities with the cabinets:

- they should all be set to the same height.

- they should all be set to the same elevation reference.

- the should all be set to the same floor to bottom.

- they should all be in the same room (or the rooms need to have the same floor heights and thickness).

If all of this is true, then I have no idea what the problem could be. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    B1k3rm4n
    Newest Member
    B1k3rm4n

• By nancyscial
      I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 
      I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

• By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By Garreth
      Hi all any suggestions on how to adjust cabinet to angled wall.
      see image..
      note this cabinet will only be half functional from front on but the back will be chamfered to suit the wall.
      I have tried to look thru the options but nothing seems to address my requirements.

thanks in advance

• By Ravenquills
      Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.
      The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

• By LynnConstruction
      I've used an older cabinet program (Cabinet Vision) for producing cabinet cut sheets for some time now. I would like to use one program start to finish to simplify things. Our company owns our own cabinet shop and is used to mass cabinet production using these cut sheets. Is there a way to export cabinet data only through Chief Architect that I can give my cabinet builders to assemble off of?