Designer100

Cabinet and exteior elevation issues

Can anyone tell me why these joists are showing on front elevation?

Also I do not know why but this paticular project the kitchen cabinets say 36 in ht but are not lined up. 

Front elevation.png

2016-12-16 (3).png

• Downvote 1

You are talking about attic wall framing right?

What have you tried?

1) Selected the attic wall and hit "Build framing for selected object"

(assuming framing did not disappear)

2) Deleted attic wall and let the software regenerate it.

You can also simply turn off that layer in the elevation, there's seldom any need to see any framing in an elevation.

On your cabinet height not lining up, check that they are all set from the same point, ie. finished floor.

At one point it looks like you have full roof return across that gable. That appears to be the framing from that return. Re-frame the roof. Not sure about the cabs.

There are only a few possibilities with the cabinets:

- they should all be set to the same height.

- they should all be set to the same elevation reference.

- the should all be set to the same floor to bottom.

- they should all be in the same room (or the rooms need to have the same floor heights and thickness).

If all of this is true, then I have no idea what the problem could be. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    njynir
    Newest Member
    njynir

• By Chrisdutch89
      I'm attempting to relocate a polyline solid in the "z" direction.  I drew the polyline solid for an elevation on the high elevation of a shed roof and it located on the low elevation.  Is there a way it can relocated to the high endOverview - 2.20.21.plan
    • By Scogginator
      Has anyone had their elevations become corrupted lately? The only fix for me is to open up the elevation and send to layout on some junk page I'm not going to print. This restores the elevation on the elevations page I intend to print. I'm an advanced user and have tried all the visual styles, plot lines, etc.. I feel like this is a hardware issue, driver issue, or software bug.

• By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.
      Bead Inset Plan.plan
      Frame Beads.calibz

BeadInsetPlan_X12.plan
    • By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan

• By ericepv
      Rochester, NY based rendering company available for remote work. I am a long time Chief user (currently on X-12 but equipped with earlier versions also) and have worked for many commercial and residential clients across the country. You can view samples of my work on my website https://epvisualz.com .

Please contact me directly at 585-441-5291 or by email: eric@epvisualz.com .