Build floor joists on top of sole foundation mud sill

olyconstruction

Go to solution Solved by AndyGump,

• Solution

Hi Alex, if I understand the question correctly then my answer is that Chief does it this way by default.

You may need to set the default width of the sill before building the framing for the first floor first though.

Andy.

• Upvote 1

You do understand that, you have to build floor framing, to see those items, as 

well as have layer turned on.

...  and build a FOUNDATION.... for joists at level 1......  think about it.....  floor joists for level 1 go on foundation (level zero),  no level zero,  no floor joists for level one....  not obvious unless we think about the reasoning behind it......

Thank you for all the helpful input everyone. 

When I built my framing I was pleasantly surprised to see everything worked out with the default settings. I can recall other projects I have worked on where the floor joists populated resting directly on the stem wall, that is why I wanted to ask first. 

Is there an auto regenerate all framing tool? I am going to have to adjust some room heights and want a quick way of rebuilding things.

Thank you so much!

...  and build a FOUNDATION.... for joists at level 1......  think about it.....  floor joists for level 1 go on foundation (level zero),  no level zero,  no floor joists for level one....  not obvious unless we think about the reasoning behind it......

OP stated that he had stem walls, so there.

When I built my framing I was pleasantly surprised to see everything worked out with the default settings. I can recall other projects I have worked on where the floor joists populated resting directly on the stem wall, that is why I wanted to ask first. 

"Framing, Sill Plates" display layer could have been turned off ?

Using the "All On" layer set is a good way to see if something exists at all, or is just turned off.

OP stated that he had stem walls, so there.

Thanks Jere, I was reinforcing a procedure that is required but sometimes forgotten, not only by newbies but sometimes by old timers like myself. Hopefully I did not offend you by putting my 2 cents in.

Thanks Jere, I was reinforcing a procedure that is required but sometimes forgotten, not only by newbies but sometimes by old timers like myself. Hopefully I did not offend you by putting my 2 cents in.

no worries, I was trying to be funny.