Tiling part of a room

Charlenerene

So I am a new user, apologize in advance for stupid questions. I went through the first 6 pages of forums and watched lots of videos. But I am just missing a few things.

So I am working on a bathroom. I am trying to take the walls around the tub and tile them. I do not want the whole room tiled just the area above/around the tub. How do I do this?

On that topic how do I tile half of a wall?

Well back off to watching videos and reading trying to find how to install shower doors on a tub. *shakes head and stares at designer*

Chief has invisible wall and room divider

CA made it very confusing by having one or the other tool available in the various DBX's

in one or two places they have both

guaranteed to be confusing :(

look around they are both there - "somewhere"

have fun trying to memorize "where" each appears :(

Lew

it is a special form of invisible wall

look at the various dbx's where you can select wall types

including wall definition dbx and some show room divider

and others show invisible wall

If I remember some show both ?

in my opinion all dbx's that allow for wall type selection

should show BOTH !!!

Lew

So I am a new user, apologize in advance for stupid questions. I went through the first 6 pages of forums and watched lots of videos. But I am just missing a few things.

So I am working on a bathroom. I am trying to take the walls around the tub and tile them. I do not want the whole room tiled just the area above/around the tub. How do I do this?

On that topic how do I tile half of a wall?

Well back off to watching videos and reading trying to find how to install shower doors on a tub. *shakes head and stares at designer*

......well, i just did a vid explaining how to use pmoldings for back splashes. Look for it. That is your answer. You can and I do use this method for creating all of my back splashes and tub enclosures.

Scott,

lost the link to your tile video.

Well Bill,  so we are going to the South Pacific next fall,  and Lynn asks,  "Honey,  can you please read to me something about the Cook Islands",  well we ain't going to the Cook Islands,  we are going to the Society Islands,  her friends are going to the Cook Islands,  so I say okay,  I will read something about the Cook Islands to you,  and then I notice that Bill Page is looking for one of my videos,  I say,  "Babe,  I can't read to you yet until I help Bill out".

Not a smart move,  she just went storming out of the room and down to bed,  claiming that CA and Bill Page is more important than she is.......  long story short,  the vid ain't working,  I will check on it in the morning,  I will also check on my wife in the morning to she if she will ever talk to me again.......  last time I do you any favors Bill Page.

I don't make the "Room Divider" wall type invisible.  I don't think it is necessary since it is 0" thickness w/ "no material/air gap" as a material assignment. I have it on the Walls, No Locate" layer & the wall doesn't show in render or vector views even w/ that layer displayed.

When it's made invisible, it has a bad habit of changing wall types on me in certain situations.

I put it on a layer I created called "Walls not in plan" and turn it off. Room divider walls will change its thickness if you have different floor or ceiling heights so it can frame the difference.

I don't think it changes wall types when the wall is not set to "Invisible". It used to do that when it would need an attic wall above to show the different c'lg hgts. Now, Chief just builds a "Room Divider" attic wall on the flr abv. That attic wall will need to be changed to a different wall type.