I would appreciate any help. Garage(plate stays same as house with high ceiling) needs to be 24" off grade with CMU Walls for flood plain to btm of house floor jsts. (automatic vents or break away walls.. Then house pier and bm at 54" finished floor off grade which is 36"+- above garage/stg slab. 

All house is pier and beam (designed by engineer).I do not know why I cannot get house to show pier and beam all around outside etc. deck by media room and garage is surpose to be hip roof. I will have steps down to garage driveway.

Thanks,

I swear,  it just cracks me up,  why don't you make it easy on people and post a plan with a note explaining your issue.  I don't even know why I am responding to such an inane post by you.

It just cracks me up...  sorry for the rant,  but you are wasting people's time .

• Upvote 1

Pier and beam as in 'grade beam', which is a concrete or cmu wall sitting on grade with

concrete piers into the ground spaced per plan ?

You can make a blank foundation plan, draw a foundation wall, remove footing, and place piers from

slab menu. That will then show around outside in 3D views etc.

Elevation info not making sense so post plan or thumbnail picture.

Perhaps a 3D dimensioned sketch might help?

Doubt it but funny as hell. BIM model and another 1000 post by people that don't use it nor understand the programs needed nor the ROI to get CA on board now we're talking :)

I hope my acronyms are not to confusing, if they are begs the questions.

Come to Scott's (dshall) online meeting next wed. at 4pm and find out everything you want to know about slabs

Come to Scott's (dshall) online meeting next wed. at 4pm and find out everything you want to know about slabs

Looks like an advanced user meeting. 

I think I just got promoted:-). Advanced eh!

I think I just got promoted:-). Advanced eh!

When I looked at your latest model,  I would agree,  you are a  pro.

Anyone can come to the meeting, not advanced or they wouldn't let me in.

Anyone can come to the meeting, not advanced or they wouldn't let me in.

Don't lie you're a guru. I'm in San Diego right now so my dumb arse is in. I'm sure you eagles will fly right over this chickens head. 

Mic's are on for any questions you might have, just speak up.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zanader
    Newest Member
    zanader

• By Designer100
      Is there a way to add pre Mfg. brick to outside of the foundation above grade that does not affect the porches etc or parts you do not want it?

Newell Cheatheam
      www.newellsdesigns.com
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      x11 
    • By CharlesVolz
      OK guys, Kerry Francis of Garage Door Wizard fame emailed me over the weekend and said that he does not plan on improving the program because the demand does warrant the work required. 

However, he is allowing me to sell Version 2.10.0025 of the program that works on with Chief Architect Premier X9 and Windows 10. To keep the cost and trouble down, I will sell the program for Kerry on the honor system. You send me $20 via PayPal to CVRE@sbcglobal.net and I will forward you the program via email. No sharing, warranty, no returns, no crying, no whining. Please let the rest of us know if it works or not on your computer setup by posting on this thread so others can decide whether to buy. 

Upgrades are $20 also since there is no way to monitor registered users. Kerry said that the price back in the day was $35. So it is a good deal. Kerry was nice enough to allow me to distribute this because some of us asked for it. I am just trying to contribute to you guys and gals on the forum who have helped me by participating on the forum.

Regards,
      Charles
    • By DRyeHD
      I've looked for a thread on this topic but cannot find one.  Typical construction is CMU stem wall on footing and slab.

I would like to show outside edge of foundation block and all thickened slab areas (for bearing walls and posts).  I see the foundation block on floor "0" and the thickened slab (under bearing walls) and post footings on floor "1".  I would like to display all this on one layout and add dimensions for concrete, plumbing, and other under-slab work.

What is the best way to do this without redrawing a separate plan to accommodate these items?
    • By CRHDesign
      Is there a room dialog to prevent this from happening? Ideally I want to make the cantilever a "cantilever" room and have it not generate walls under the cantilever with auto rebuild foundation walls on. Unless there is an easier way? Copying the balcony room settings ends up generating walls like the attached picture, still generating walls under cantilever. Feel like I'm missing something very simple.
    • By SamanthaSkidmore
      I'm not sure when this happened or how it happened but my ceiling isn't meeting the wall in the basement.  The separation is from the garage.  I created a brand new plan to make sure my heights all matched up correctly and they do.  Can you tell by looking at my screenshots what might be happening or what I need to do to fix it?  Photo on the left is the wall/ceiling in the basement.  The photo on the right is from the garage.

Thanks so much!