lbuttery

Members
  • Posts

    3717
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lbuttery

  1. HD Pro users can benefit from following Chieftalk also as PRO has manual roofs and framing and cabinets etc they just have to understand the limits of PRO and what applies and what doesn't Lew
  2. Sunny: when you bought X1 you should have received a CD key the dongles don't have the key they are they just to verify that you own the software and didn't get a hack from the internet etc it is illegal fro someone to sell their X1 CD key if they have upgraded to a newer version so to get an X1 CD key you would have to find someone sell their license and everything with it on ebay or elsewhere that license also needs to be transferred to you by CA and there is a fee - that fee can be $50 - $400 or more depending on if it is a primary or secondary license etc verify with CA before purchase if the license is valid or what the fee will be as for ver 10 since you have a license some kind soul could donate their key to you and it will work with your ver 10 license I donated mine a few years ago - I charged $5 for mailing again old licenses,discs,keys etc can't be sold if the license was upgraded at this point you may also want to consider buying X4 on Ebay - price should be reasonable I wouldn't buy anything older - avoid X3 - library system was wacky and required subscription which is no longer available Lew
  3. I found these - may be more https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/9952-chief-architect-10-on-windows-7-windows-81-windows-10/#comment-86905 https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/7602-reinstalling-chief-architect-version-10/#comment-67424 Lew
  4. I have been told by CA that there are no drivers that would work on Win 10 and if there were it would not work properly Alswell: this is probably true I think some have had some success but ... there are postings are running a virtual PC where you could have XP and Win7 and Win10 all on the same PC similar to dual booting but it makes the PC look like that OS dual booting is different - but I am not savvy to explain the difference with dual booting you have to shutdown OS A before starting OS B not sure a virtual PC's Lew
  5. Alswell: you don't need a new key - you need drivers - and they probably don't exist even if you can find drivers for the old hasp key I seriously doubt if Chief ver 10 will work on Win 10 and if it does it probably won't work well find another XP PC or plan to upgrade Chief I would recommend X4 as a minimum if you can find one on Ebay Lew
  6. I prefer to do my own "archives" so I do "save as" often sometimes every few minutes - other times after I finish a task I don't want to repeat as a former programmer it became a habit and I don't rely on auto-archives its nice they are there but I prefer to do my own Lew
  7. Jerry: you should start a new thread and then delete your post in this one causes too much confusion to hijack a thread Lew
  8. Mark: you will need to post the plan otherwise, its only guesses Lew
  9. but since they are unable to program their tools with every conceivable condition (even for simple situations), it ends up backfiring when you veer off their scripted course I favor standards, so I suspect CA could program for the 90% conditions (90 or 80 or 95 ???) Chief can NEVER do 100% of everything Chief follows NKBA standards pick some other standards and go with them too anything that falls outside those standards has to be done manually and maybe with work-aorunds I am still amazed that Chief doesn't have a chimney tool - they have been in use for thousands of years would Chief be able to do every possibility of chimneys - but surely there are standards Lew
  10. I am heading out the door for a trip but If no one volunteers I can do this Thur eve or on Fri Lew
  11. you should contact CA's tech support they can advise best Lew
  12. Scott: I do presentations often and some are "how-to's" and others are "what and why" Lew
  13. I appreciate the effort of creating macro packages for sale I had planned to do the same until I saw how lame Ruby was in relation to my experience with VBA and the fact I had to retire due to health Yet, this info is so basic and already available to the model that there should have been a "schedule" available long ago - simply amazing that there is not Lew
  14. note: all of these classes are aimed at design or architecture and NOT mastery of Chief Architect for that you can try WWW.CHIEFEXPERTS.COM Lew
  15. I did a google search for : college course chief architect software design -high https://sites.google.com/site/mrsbaxterlessonplans/how-to-use-chief-architect-software https://www.pcc.edu/ccog/default.cfm?fa=ccog&subject=ARCH&course=140 https://phsc.edu/course/architectural-drafting http://www.losrios.edu/class_schedules_reader.php?loc=arc/f10_schd/Interior-Design-IDES.htm http://courses.vccs.edu/colleges/tcc/courses/IDS247-KitchenandBathDesignSoftware/detail?filter=ww-er http://phsappliedtech.wixsite.com/home/computer-aided-design http://www.district196.org/evhs/academics/registrationinfo/facs.pdf https://m.lonestar.edu/app/catalog/showCourse/LSC01/019335/CE http://utc.mainecte.org/course/building-construction-management/ https://my.smccme.edu/ICS/Academics/CONS/CONS_130/1213_SP-CONS_130-01/Syllabus.jnz?portlet=Course_Syllabus https://www.morrisville.edu/Banner/Courses/coursedescription.aspx?prefix=RESC&coursenum=106 probably many more Lew
  16. Hmmm, there was one in VA, a community college, around Blacksburg but in general I don't know of any having been discussed on this forum since I joined in 2004 and in general I have read every post you may want to contact CA's customer service - they may know of some Lew
  17. Tommy: I guess mine have always been 1:1 never had an issue with them must be 1:1 OOB Lew
  18. Glenn: I'm confused (as usual) when we use "send to layout" don't we choose the scale then - usually 1/4" ??? Lew
  19. I have PC's and I hate trackpads (touchpads) I would suspect you would be better served using a mouse contact CA's tech support for their advice Lew
  20. Glenn: heading out the door to buy a house will probably be offline until next week thanks, will check out when I can Lew
  21. is that Chief Premier X8 or HD ver 8 ??? If HD which product suite or Pro or ??? BTW: this posting will probably get moved to the "seeking services" section Lew
  22. Dermot: ok, I get it I solved the issue by using fencing and gates yet, it was still very frustrating to set the railing to 5' and next time I looked it had changed length maybe there should be a way to lock the length of a wall segment ??? Lew