-
Posts
2922 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by rgardner
-
Not a two poster but there is a four poster in the chief catalog that is Garage and accessories. here is a pic of it. BTW it's hard to let you know the best way to proceed if you don't have your signature setup. you say posting into x11 so that helps. But alot of the guys who are super helpful will pass on by your posting if they don't see that quickly in your signature along with some system specs. They are super generous with their time but it is also limited so that they don't want or have time to ask for your specifics in order to lend a helping hand. Hope this helps somewhat.
-
CA 11 is not printing images from the layout
rgardner replied to Draftsman-don's topic in General Q & A
Also hardware specs (and while you are at it software specs) in your signature line may help with troubleshooting. -
Hi Katherine Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are newer. It really helps as mentioned above to include your software version and some basic info on your hardware in your signature line as it will get you more help when the guys can see that info and not have to ask for it. There are some amazingly talented guys on here who are super generous with their time but it is also limited so if they are browsing through and trying to help people lots of times they do not have the time to ask, what software version do you have, what is your video card, etc., etc. That all being said sounds like your in a rendering mode with textures that don't work in that mode (such as vector view) if so try changing to standard or PBR view first. Otherwise you may have your textures toggled off. In the same button where there is the cross section slider, toggle shadows there is also a toggle textures on and off button. Try that. Hope it helps.
-
Check the services offered section of this forum or post in services wanted.
-
Sending details and notes to a layout page
rgardner replied to capitaldesigns's topic in General Q & A
Thanks. I was thinking there must be a reason no one was mentioning it for the layout. I had the suspicions that the .plan file would get too big and slow down if I added say 60 Cad detail sheets to it. Wasn't thinking regarding the scaling issues with the layout version. -
Sending details and notes to a layout page
rgardner replied to capitaldesigns's topic in General Q & A
Look forward to the new version. So we can learn is there a reason why to keep it in a separate layout instead of your standard layout template? Or vs your plan template? -
This is what I was kind of thinking it might be. That would make sense as the one detail that is showing up looks like it was done from a Chief stock detail and customized. Doesn’t look like the mid other details. So then... Once I have those pdf files they just need to be put in the same folder as the layout /plan file or how are they referenced? Kind of a bummer to make any major changes job per job... looks like I may be redrafting 65 details.. Their current tech guy who knows the very basic said they were just taking screen grabs and using them as a pdf pic detail.
-
Sending details and notes to a layout page
rgardner replied to capitaldesigns's topic in General Q & A
So this might be a good thread to ask this question to the experts here: I have been working at getting more organized and currently have some cad details saved in my plan template and do the rest plan by plan from my library. my plan is to save into cad details in one of my templates all of the details and send the ones I need to layout. what is better to do: 1.) put them in the .plan template 2.) put them in the .layout template (eventually I plan to setup the different layer sets to have 8.5x11, 11x17, & 22x34 on the same layout template but currently have three separate templates) so this would take more time to do but may be better about not slowing down the plan??? thoughts and recommendations? -
Hi Guys. Hope all are doing well on this Wednesday. I am just starting to work with a new builder who had an "in-house cad expert" who is no longer doing their work. As I am trying to get setup and a system built with them they sent me their .calibz file with all of their pre-done cad details which need a little tweaking but by most standards are not too bad and useable. However when I import the library the majority of the details are just blank squares. One of the details imported fine, but it does not look like their others (I have a printed pdf version that they had marked up looking to make some tweaks to the details and am able to see what they should look like.) Anyone know a trick that I don't for this. I tried turning on all layers and added it to a cad detail page but it just places like an empty box. Explode it and nothing. Is this just a corrupted library? WhyamIblankdetail.calibz
-
Select the item, open the DBX on the Layer or Line-style tab change the layer to the one you want it on. If you don't have a specific layer try pressing define, copying the current layer naming it and setting it how you want it to appear then you will be able to turn on and off the layer. There are some great videos on using layers in the KB.
-
You m I don't have that issue when mulling units unless there is a gap. Can you post a plan file? By chance did you try manually moving the window instead of with the dbx? A window can be off by 1/16" in size or position and sometimes round to the 1/8" so maybe your lower windows is actually placed at 79 15/16" and your upper at 80???
-
Welcome to the forum. The K(nowledge) B(ase) has lots of info to help you with these types of things. You will find the guys on this forum are amazingly helpful and very generous with their time! But a quick search of the KB or even this forum will give you quick answers and helps you to receive that help when you really need it the most! The staircase looks good and I help this helps you figure it out. https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03107/creating-a-stair-rake-wall.html BTW the reason everyone will ask for your signature info is that ALOT of items that are asked about are different depending on what version and certain technical difficulties others with the same type of configurations have had the same glitch happen so they can help you fix it. Cheers!
-
Is it the room label layer that is turned off then?
-
Dont try opening it from your file location. Open the plan you want in chief and use "import" to pull it into chief.
-
Is your cabinet by chance set to subfloor and not finish floor? otherwise...
-
PRINTING LAYOUT AND PLAN LINES COME OUT IN PREVIEW & plot THICKER THAN
rgardner replied to mainst555's topic in General Q & A
It’s good to make sure your plan and layout line settings are the same or your lines will print really thick. Typical is 1:100mm. You find it in print> page layout settings. It also helps everyone if you have your signature setup with your info of program and hardware as sometimes the suggestions will be different. -
I see you are using Chief X11 but it is very helpful for everyone if you can fill out your signature line with that info as well as some basic hardware info as in some cases glitches and other errors are related to your hardware. That all being said. Try Window>Create Wall Niche... In the Cabinet drop down there is a quick shelf to add and you can customize it to glass and thickness/size. Hope that helps!
-
Can you post a plan file to take a look?
-
Umm I must be misunderstanding but isn’t that what they do with the $199 a month lease program? Btw most programs that are this specialized are $165+ a month (I use two type programs and was leasing CA until I recently purchased a license and now have the annual ssa). Doing the math purchasing it once then $45 a month average (550 ssa) is well worth it for always having the newest as well as the free library content and support if needed.
-
I just read a comment on Facebook today that someone has a command that can be inputted into ruby that will clean those type of items up. It wasn’t very descriptive but maybe one of our awesome ruby gurus can interpret and let us know? ...watching
-
Thought this explanation of the difference was pretty good: “Tray Ceiling = a ceiling that looks like an inverted tray.Trey Ceiling = a tray ceiling written by people who can't spellTrace Ceiling = a tray ceiling written by people who don't listen well or heard of it from people with a heavy accent”
-
I always thought tray ceiling but just looked it up now: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tray ceiling
-
Q: How do I get control over the macro-generated text on a roof plane?
rgardner replied to para-CAD's topic in General Q & A
Exactly and with the arrow below the roof pitch like that. How did you do it? -
Do you have a survey dwg file imported in there? I am seeing some exterior elevation cameras off to the right which show a structure when opened (takes forever for them to open)... My guess is it is that imported item that you have there (file says it is missing when I turned on all layers. Also you have ALL of your labels on which sped things up slightly when I turned them off. Food for thought on what it might be.
-
Q: How do I get control over the macro-generated text on a roof plane?
rgardner replied to para-CAD's topic in General Q & A
I know this is a post that is way over my head at this time but I have been reading on it and more all morning and am still having some issues. I am using the great macro all you experts hashed out: == referenced ? obj = referenced : obj = owner if $tree.nil? $tree = Hash.new { |hash, key| hash[key] = {} } end id="p" + obj.object_id.to_s pitch = obj.automatic_label area = (obj.surface_area).ceil areasq = ( obj.framing_area / 100.0 ).ceil slope = obj.angle.round(2) #slope = (Math.atan2(obj.pitch,12.0)*180.0/Math::PI).round(2) ALT Slope Formula #unless $tree['roofplanes'].has_value?(id) items = Hash.new() items['roof_plane']=id items['pitch']=pitch items['area']=area items['areasq']=areasq $tree['roofplanes'][id]=items #end indx = $tree['roofplanes'].keys.find_index(id) result = "Roof Plane No# : " + (indx+1).to_s + "\n" result += "Roof Area Sqft : " + area.to_s + " sqft" + "\n" result += "Roof Area Total Sqs : " + areasq.to_s + " sq" + "\n" result += "Roof Pitch : " + pitch + "\n" result += "Slope Angle : " + slope.to_s + "°\n" result == It is working as intended but I was hoping to have a similar macro for one of my builders who doesn't want to see as much info. I have tried to copy and create a similar macro and only get the dreaded error. If any of you macro gurus have a second and could help out I would be as always ever grateful for the assistance. This builder wants to see: Roof Area Sq. Ft. (as is in the current macro) Roof Area Total Sqs. (as is in the current macro) Roof Pitch (as is in the current macro) I know this would just be deleting parts of the macro to remove the plane No# and slope angle. But what I have tried to do seems to get an error so I am assuming instead of deleting something I need to change it???? Side note I have not been able to figure out the arrow placement issue. I can make it different size and I can add blank lines before the macro to get the arrow out of the middle of the text and not being seen or looking jumbled but is there a way to get the macro to have the arrow right after the pitch line??? TIA for anyone who takes their valuable time with this and helps me and anyone else who can benefit with this as we try to learn the awesomeness of macros!
