rwdozier

Members
  • Posts

    175
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rwdozier

  1. Am I missing something about the 3D viewer? I can export a plan with the three perspective overviews: Perspective Full Overview Perspective Floor Overview Perspective Framing Overview But when viewed in the 3D viewer, the Floor and Framing Overviews appear just like the Full Overview. https://3d-viewer.chiefarchitect.com/go?share=230108141051013 Thank you.
  2. CA never ceases to amaze me! Great tip adding toggles to the toolbars Michael.
  3. Thanks Steve, but I am still on X11. The photo seems to what I am attempting to achieve and yes, I have a solution for the problem area. Thanks.
  4. Many thanks for all of your replies. I will proceed with manual roof planes. Thanks.
  5. Attempting a triple gable look that a client likes. Is there a simple way to achieve this look? Here is my stab at it. I just can't seem to get the middle gable reversed without a bunch of manual roof planes. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks... Triple_Gable_Test_03.plan
  6. Thanks! I sure don't remember doing that.
  7. What's got this single roof plane locked at 10 pitch. House is to be 7 pitch, but whatever pitch is set to build roof planes, this single roof plane always stays locked at 10 pitch. Weird_10_pitch_in_roof.plan
  8. Any specific specifications needed for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 to support a TCL 4K monitor? https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-745-oem/specifications Thank you!
  9. I've been using a 28" monitor for the longest time. Reading this thread has me wanting to upgrade to something larger. In the past when searching for a monitor, one of the key factors was dot pitch or pixel pitch and I don't see any mention of that with these large monitors/TVs. Is it not a concern with the latest technology? Also, I seem to recall seeing a thread which shows photos of CA users with their office setup showing the monitors in use. Anyone know where it is or could some of you post some photos of your large monitors/TVs in use? Thanks!
  10. With X11, In your layout, select Tools, Layout, Referenced Plan Files.
  11. Put the title block on layout page zero.
  12. Easy! That's awesome Alaskan_Son! I knew I had seen that dialog box at some point in the past and I was challenged to try and figure it out. Thanks!!!
  13. Well maybe?, I just reread your post and saw that Toolbars is already checked.
  14. I reproduced it... Click View, Toolbars (to toggle the 'tool ribbon' on/off)
  15. Well blow me down! Since you ask it that way, I now realize that dishwashers are installed between two bases. DOH! Now I must check to see that my cabinet guy is not charging me for the linear footage for that "non cabinet". Thank you!!!!
  16. Am I missing something? When I place a basic dishwasher in a cabinet base, the cabinet base disappears from the cabinet schedule and the material list. However, the dishwasher and cabinet show up in 2D and 3D views. I was able to reproduce the issue with a basic plan attached. Thank you. ...Bob Untitled 1.plan
  17. Off message topic, but I really like your font. Nice and crisp! Is it your OS font? What font is it? Thanks!
  18. Wow! That's nuts how technology has changed. Off topic here a bit, my first PC in 1986 had a 20MB HDD the size of dictionary - thought I'd never run out of disk space. Now, my smart phone can take photos that can be larger than 20MB! That same smart phone of mine has a 120GB micro SD card the size of a dime and my computer has a 500GB NVMe PCIe SSD drive on a circuit board the size of club cracker. Back to work now! ...Bob
  19. About 10 years ago, I invested in a Synology DS211+ 6TB (2 x 3000GB) 2-bay NAS Server and glad I did. Although it's support life has ended, it is still running strong and Synology still has regular updates. It has many features - archiving many photos, files, etc. It can be your own personal cloud, audio and video server as well. I have StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX on all of our home/office networked PCs performing regular backups to the NAS. About 2 years ago, I purchased two 6TB drives because they were getting less expensive and I just felt the NAS need some breathing room for storage area. I pulled one of the 3TB drives out of the NAS "hot" and plugged in a new 6TB drives and with a few clicks, the NAS system began rebuilding the data for the new drive in system. It took several hours, but all went well. I did the same for the second 3TB drive. Two types of computer users - those who backup regularly and those who wish they had! Sorry for the long post. ...Bob
  20. Another little thing that annoys me in X11. Haven't taken the step to X12 just yet, but is there now an option in X12 to keep the aspect ratio in 'point to point resize'?
  21. When I open the camera view, I get the DBX indicating missing files: (17A)Casual_WO_WeekendCottage_Panel2_72dpi.jpg marble slab 1.jpg select-cedarmill-timber-bark.jpg Because I don't have these files, I just click DONE and then close the camera. Once I open the camera again, it only takes less than 6 seconds. If I had the files, I could test again. See my signature for my system specifications.
  22. My "Polyline Union" is located here even with just one polyline selected.
  23. Hello Rene, I am curious about the details of your 40" screen? I used a 23" for the longest time and recently moved to a 28" and wished I had gone with something larger So many detailed choices! Thanks!
  24. Dave - ditto very nice project! Is it strictly X10?