-
Posts
8701 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by DRAWZILLA
-
I use a plan and layout template with everything I need, already sent to the layout. The layout already has my details, notes, whatever already on the template layout. I just open my template plan and layout, re-name and re-link them , set the defaults for the plan and ready for prime time. As you draw the plan the layout will automatically generate, except for the elevations and setions, you must open them and close. Details are deleted if not used, I find that easier than placing a detail from the lib. I know a lot of people have different methods, whatever floats your boat works
-
Floating Wall Trying To Make Steps Into Garage
DRAWZILLA replied to VikingFan84's topic in General Q & A
Dragging walls is not good b/c it moves the bottom plate, not where it should be in sections. -
I know when I tried walkthroughs with a complex model it was very choppy and created a very large file, I understand you can change the frame rate but just wasn't for me, so I stopped and went to screen capture.
-
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
Lew All my lineweights for elevations sent to the layout,t are in an anno-set called "Elevation anno-set" I have lots of different anno-sets for different views sent to layout all with different lineweights depending what I need. Wall elevations are different than elevations. All I have to do is switch to the correct anno-set I need then send it to the layout. -
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
Lew, you can do all that with anno-sets -
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
I don't think you can have the plan and layout look the same because you are looking at the same thing at different zoom levels. Just control your lineweights using the layersets, run a test print an see witch ones need adjustments. Once the layersets are good then don't worry about what the plan view looks like. -
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
The layersets ultimately control the lineweights and how they are sent to the layout, if that's how you send them. There are also other controls in the send to layout DBX. for controlling the lineweight, there are some videos on Chief's website. -
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
well, the plan has an icon for lineweights just toggle on and off to see if that's what you are looking for. -
Why Isn't Line Weight In Plan And Layout The Same?
DRAWZILLA replied to Nicinus's topic in General Q & A
have you checked this -
Yep, I can't even go to the bathroom alone anymore, she wants to make sure I don't miss.
-
Siding Disappears When A Room Divider Connects With An Exterior Wall
DRAWZILLA replied to Craigevans's topic in General Q & A
For your wall not fully displaying correctly, check your roof edges to see that they don't go beyond the wall surface. -
Yes, you can do it based on a lot of things. Post the plan to see if whatever you are talking about is possible.
-
Or check auto roof framing.
-
Of course Xeon is faster, but that breaks your budget all to H---.
-
And may I ask what size file you end up with and does it send instantly? I just send a link and anyone can view it. Maybe you can do a video of 3 min walkthrough including setup of the camera's
-
What Would Be 1 Thing You Would Love To See Ca Fix Or Add?
DRAWZILLA replied to ragetoca's topic in General Q & A
I think that there is more of a need for more macro's, many more and multi line macro's. every macro save time the more the better. I use lots of them -
ok, then not sure what happened. good luck
-
but with a fly by you can't talk. I don't think you can do a flyby faster than a screen capture--no way
-
Yes, create a separate room for the box out
-
If you don't want to buy Photoshop ,there is a free program called Fotosketcher that is not as involved as PS, but does a good job at it.
-
I would have made a new wall with the bead board on it instead of painting it. I never paint walls
-
I would treat this as a manually drawn box window, raise the wood floor to what you need, no foundation.
-
Boy ,I better get mine in on time then, thanks for the heads up
-
If you can I would suggest an "SSD" drive for speed, it the best upgrade I've ever done.
-
I never edit but can somewhat if I wanted to. The client gets what they get even a small error but a huge error, I would just re-do it. It only takes the time to do the video 3 , 4 minutes and done. To me its a better way of communicating then a walkthrough.
