DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8702
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. It won't go back up b/c auto foundation was turned off, if you turn on auto foundation ,it will go up again but you will lose every change you made. I remember that you always build your foundations manually anyway.
  2. No, not at all, I use so many types of roof structure eave types, plate heights, foundation types, it just makes sense you have your defaults set up correctly with that particular design you want. It definitely keeps from having trouble down the road. I even think Chief at one time recommended it and has always recommended setting the defaults first.
  3. it won't go up and adjust the footings b/c you had to turn off auto footings when you lowered the footings, unless you have set it up in the floor defaults. You are changing it from the defaults so it turns off defaults and auto foundation. To go back up adjust manually or just re-build the foundation to defaults again. You kind of have to know what to set the defaults prior to adding the foundation. I always do a small model first before doing anything testing the foundation and roof structure before I proceed with anything.
  4. I got it now, no you can't do it automatically, but it can be done manually fairly easy
  5. Scott you looking for this? You just adjust the footing separately. A little adjustment and you got it.
  6. On a raised floor situation, I always use a dirt floor (just a 1/16" dirt level for the ground,) move the dirt floor up and down and the footing goes with it and it will give you a line where the dirt is. Just like a floor /ceiling in the underfloor access area.
  7. Remember the rule when adjusting floors is to start from the top down including the foundation level.
  8. I would call that user error, for sure, that box should have never been checked like you say.
  9. very nice precise video, I just use mine with room planner, but nice to know.
  10. Yes, open each text box ,that has a problem, and re-check auto height and width. You may have changed text type.
  11. I really don't think that anything can help with a 45-100 unit apartment building. The only thing might be to draw each model separately and use a symbol for the whole building. I believe Chief just wasn't designed for very large commercial projects.
  12. Yes, you can change the roof pitch on a wall per wall basis in the wall DBX. Just open the wall DBX and go to the roof panel
  13. It would be nice if that worked around here, Cities want a stamp and calc's
  14. To jump start your CA education, take a few classes online, or better yet get actual training. You will save a lot of time wondering what to do. I did and it worked. I needed to learn very fast b/c I dumped Softplan and needed to get going or I would have starved to death.
  15. And there is a setting in the camera DBX where you can show on all floors or not.
  16. I do it similar to what Joe does, full construction doc's including engineering ,everything already done in the template plans and layouts except details are already in my layout. For me its easier to delete details rather than add details. I do not keep a separate plan file with details in it. I simply have extra details in my lib other than the standard details that are already in the layout. For me the time it takes to draw any project will depend on a lot of things like getting interrupted with a phone call, or my dog, and of course ,the wife. Even eating lunch interferes with progress time. But using templates will save you tons of time, whatever that will end up being.
  17. The file size in Chief's pdf's at the same resolution are very large as compared to using Adobe acrobat. So I use Adobe. Why, I don't know.
  18. Also "Generated sky" and "sun follows camera" do not work together, you need to turn one off.
  19. Joe. That's exactly what I tried to say Please, both Perry and Michael, let's knock off the .......... Joe really, are you the chief god
  20. No problem with you at all, yes I see the pic's but that's not what he is asking
  21. Michael You never need to export any rendering, it will be blurry when sent to the layout normally. That is how Chief was changed in X8 with live views. I'm saying he doesn't have to export except for ray-traces. He can do it the hard way if he wants to. Your information is just wrong here. The post says nothing about printing. If I were the op, I'd try to actually print one and see.
  22. Re- read the post he is talking about sending to the layout. Not printing. All I'm saying is when he actually prints to pdf, they will have a good high resolution
  23. Larry it looks to me like he was asking about sending to the layout, The only picture (JPG,BNG) I ever send to the layout would be a ray-trace. The rendering views are just fine when you print it out, very good resolution.
  24. This is intentional by Chief, so everything will work faster, when you print to PDF or whatever ,it will print a a higher resolution .