Plan view with cabinet details

Mantas

It appears to me that the image you posted was produced by "20-20" or some such cabinet program like they use at Home Depot and Lowe's.

I commonly just use the standard "plan view" for cabinet layouts since you have dimension tools and annotation tools. I suppose for a more "3D" look you could use the Doll House camera but that camera offers no useful dimension or annotation tools.

You should not expect Chief Architect Premier to be like someone else's software application, it is what it is and does what it does quite well but it is not something other than what it is.

DJP

What exactly is your question?

I use Chief for kitchen design every day, it is fully capable of showing detailed floor plans and elevations with complete dimensions and nomenclature.  I also do sections, trim details, etc. 

It will do whatever you require it to do as long as you input it correctly.  What it does NOT do is auto-price anything for you (ala 20-20).

My exact question is how to reproduce this view in CA. I managed to do close looking view by Orthographic floor overview and in 3D menu switching to top view. But there is no way to add dimension then. And there seems to be some kind of transparent contertop's of cabinets that I can't do it.

Buttlers-Layout2.pdf

maybe create a dimensioned floor plan and send to layout

then create a top view or use the cross-section slider to get the 3D view

then overlay the 3D onto the 2D floorplan in layout ?

you  might want to post your request in the Suggestions section of this forum

maybe CA will add it to a future release ?

Lew

What you can get is defined cabinets and dimensions- example below. What you can't get is cabinet construction detail

To get what I show in second pic-

go into your layersets (first pic)-copy the existing layerset, rename the copy.

Then: turn off "cabinet counters" , see that "cabinet module lines" are turned on, change the line type to suit what you want.

I have several of these set up as annotation sets, each has a different set of default dimensions and/or turns on a different dimension layer.

Should have noted for the one you see I also have all labels turned off and molding turned off- in the example wall cabinets are turned off but you can set up one to have both on. I use one dimension default and layer for wall cabinets, another for base and a third annoset/layerset that shows both of those dimension layers.

post-85-0-48079900-1399383800_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-75471700-1399383814_thumb.jpg

It doesn't appear to me that the OPs pic is a 3D View at all - as some posts have surmised.  It appears that way because the wall corners have a miter line.  What seems to then be upper cabinets are in fact cabinets on the other side of the walls. 

As Mark said, this kind of dimensioned view can be pretty easily accomplished with judicious use of Layers.  You don't get the double lines delineating the cabinet construction but those aren't really accurate depictions in the OPs pic anyway.