HaywardVT

Connecting Roof Planes Causes Sections Of Fascia To Disappear.

you may want to move the house closer to 0,0 origin.  I think that is why you are getting Z fighting in the camera.

Thanks, I always forget to check the origin. Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem. To me it seems like a similar problem to what overlapping objects cause, but with this in mind I can't find a solution.

Sometimes, just re-snapping the connections together can fix odd things that show up.

I've had similar problems with roof planes in the past and the only way I could get it to look right was to just re-draw the offending roof planes.

I didn't mess with it for a long time, but the short time I did spend with it led me to believe it's a buggy roof. I wouldn't have modeled it like you did, but I don't technically think there's anything wrong with the way you did it. It shouldn't behave like that. Probably one to send in to tech support.

Hello Hayward,

This has happened to me countless times.. Its all about straightening your roof plans out.

Try to make sure they are all straight. Let me know if it does not work for you, and I can make a video. Contact me directly at dave@dmd3d.com

Dave

post-637-0-53955700-1454781260_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Dave wins the prize.

Have a look at the angle.

Dave,

How does this happen with Angle Snaps toggled on?

post-106-0-44676900-1454800124_thumb.jpg

Hello Hayward,

This has happened to me countless times.. Its all about straightening your roof plans out.

Try to make sure they are all straight. Let me know if it does not work for you, and I can make a video. Contact me directly at dave@dmd3d.com

Dave

Dave wins the prize.

Dave,

Nice catch guys.

Hello Hayward,

Dave

Dave, It's always wonderful to have your input here on the forum. I always link users to Chief Tutor. GREAT website! Priceless tool.

Dave wins the prize.

Dave,

Whats even more amazing to think about is, Did Chief Architect build their software in such a way that when something as small as this angle is off by, it results in a building error..!

---- I was never one for code, but that's pretty darn impressive code..!

Thanks for the help guys, that fixed it. I'm pretty sure I got that weird angle from editing the roof plane in a 3D view. 

While on the topic of roofs, does anyone know why some walls are missing auto roof returns? I've tried rebuilding the roof planes that don't have returns; they're there once built but when the plane's moved into place the return isn't there.

Select the roof planes with the missing returns and under options, make sure boxed is checked.