HaywardVT

Room Under Stairs: How Do I Create A Partial Wall Surface To Cover Stairs?

Does anyone know how to create a wall that covers the triangular area where the stairs are above the work bench? Everything I try either blocks off the work bench on the first floor or takes the place of the wall on the second floor.

post-8426-0-26700800-1451921427_thumb.png

You pretty much built your stairs, select Style> Open Underneath  and draw your wall or  put put cabinets under there or anything else you like. Also select stairs and in DBX under fill select None so you can place your items manually. Here is a sample with a bathroom under it.

I hope it helps.

post-4069-0-27112200-1451923048_thumb.jpg

make doorway with tudor arch settings as needed.

Or place a solid in an elevation to cover it up. Set materials.

You can also try to build a wall and in the wall DBX specify it as "no room definition". Put the wall roughly into position then reshape it as necessary in an elevation view.

I have a similar but different issue. i need the upper part of the stairs enclosed by exterior walls and the lower part open. (See photo and Plan file attached)

"Different topic but same plan"

I also am having issue getting my interior wall of my fireplace to show the correct surface on outside of house.

I'm sure all this is elementry but I am stuck.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Angled Wall and Fireplace.zip

post-5149-0-02892800-1463670798_thumb.jpg

The wall can be reshaped as needed. post-1284-0-59864000-1463671335_thumb.jpg

And for the fireplace wall. post-1284-0-21205400-1463671534_thumb.jpg

It's all starting to make sense but sometimes I miss it. Thanks for the help.

A couple more issues along the same lines.

1) Exterior siding on interior stairway wall.

2) Stair handrail wall not working correctly. (Siding on top of wall where Handrail should be.)

3) Green wall on Ground floor. (DBX don't make sense) 

Stairs and Walls.zip

post-5149-0-93205500-1463756050_thumb.jpg

post-5149-0-06122800-1463756057_thumb.jpg

I'm getting this: I can't fix this for anything. I tried everything I can think of. The framing follows the stairs but the wall finish doesn't I tried to manually edit the wall using the handles but they snap back to original position. I am trying to get the wall to only show beneath the stairs.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

How about starting a new thread, and attaching your plan.

You can delete this post under Options at the bottom of the post.

Move that wall a little more under the stair, an inch at a time, it will auto build to what you need.