The Cabinet Electrical Outlet Challenge.....

dshall

I'm not sure why I'm responding to this thread.. 

The best I could come up with is the 2 attached Symbols.  The problem is that when you place them you still have to rotate and move them so they are in contact with the cabinet.  Then they look right in both 2D and 3D.

Thanks Joe for responding.  You confirmed the issue.  An issue that has been an issue since I was a babe in diapers.  I have a feeling headquarters will fix this soon.

Thanks Joe for responding.  You confirmed the issue.  An issue that has been an issue since I was a babe in diapers.  I have a feeling headquarters will fix this soon.

I can't believe that was ever the case - I mean the part about you being a "babe" ;)

Thanks Joe ...   just  curious Why your Horizontal outlet needs to be 4 1/8 depth ?   though it doesn't show that way in 3D

Both your Y axis's should be 4 7/16" BTW  to get them to touch the cabinet.

post-315-0-45813800-1433193112_thumb.jpg

Do you guys really need the island outlets to be just right in your 3D island views? Curious

Yeah- folks are surprised that they need outlets on the island for code and then I have to show them what they look like using various solutions, big issue with some (I see crazy people...)

As to the plan view,  contractors are overjoyed that a KD is even supplying an electric plan and has dealt with switch locations with the client. They could care less that the legs of the symbol are not exactly placed correctly. The outlet will still be placed on the surface no matter how it shows in plan.

Mick- I used 4-3/8" which works. same problem Joe mentioned with rotating when pulling from library. Copy in place and reflect doesn't reflect the symbol as it does with others.

I just moved the insertion point on the cad block- doesn't solve it but makes it easier to move to the cabinet.

Mark,

"I just moved the insertion point on the cad block- doesn't solve it but makes it easier to move to the cabinet"

That was the trick I needed when I made the two outlets earlier in the thread I guess , I will have to read up on it as I was not aware of that possibility.

My symbols work just like Joe's , they need manual placement / alignment , I have not tried Reflecting them.