Layout Page Table

jscussel

Is there a way to display the "Layout Printed Page Number" in the "Layout Page Table"?

There is a "Number" column which displays a sequential number representing every page in the layout.

If I have information to print on pages 1, 5 & 9 I want the "Layout Page Table" to display 1, 2 & 3 not 1, 5 & 9.

I want to display a sequential number for only the printed pages.

Can this be done without rearranging the page order putting the pages with information on them in the front?

You can save as new layout and just delete everything on the pages ,or the pages themselves, you don't want to print, just make sure you use a name like "layout pages 1-4 only" so you can tell them apart.

Is there a way to display the "Layout Printed Page Number" in the "Layout Page Table"?

There is a "Number" column which displays a sequential number representing every page in the layout.

If I have information to print on pages 1, 5 & 9 I want the "Layout Page Table" to display 1, 2 & 3 not 1, 5 & 9.

I want to display a sequential number for only the printed pages.

Can this be done without rearranging the page order putting the pages with information on them in the front?

I think you can.  Here is a vid.  Too complicated to explain without a vid.

http://youtu.be/ScPpdYnrmS0

Jon,  sorry about the problems in getting this vid up and running.   For some reason I sometimes have issues with uploading the vids.  I only had to do this vid 3 times,  I spent 45 minutes of my life doing these vids,  and I end up with a 3 minute vid.....  lucky you,  short and sweet.

Hopefully this answers your question,  if not let me know.  

http://youtu.be/ScPpdYnrmS0

Not sure I'm seeing the problem. If you place the macro %layout.label% on your page '0' where you want to display your page numbers, then put the information in the edit page info box for label then everything displays however you choose it to display. Then you can print whatever pages you want, now with custom page numbers, by simply selecting those pages when you print. I must be missing something.

Also includes not using the number field for anything as that uses the sequential numbering that I find too limiting.

And I think I see a hashtag (#) in the Label field in your vid Scott. I don't use that and custom number each page. Takes more effort but allows for complete customization of all page numbers and what goes to the table. Still have select the pages you want to print but that's a no brainer.

unfortunately Chief only allows for one layout to be open at the same time

so with two layouts if would require closing one before opening the other

perhaps if a 2nd instance of chief was running

then each instance could have one of the layouts open ???

hoping someday that Chief can have multiple layouts open at the same time

Lew

The video really helps and unfortunately I've got nuthin'. I've simplified my page numbering and let go of A-1, S-1, G-1, E-1, etc. and MIGHT be able get what you want but I think you hit the nail on the head for problem - Chief needs more options to achieve what it is you want.

What about Perry's idea of simply creating another Layout file and delete unwanted pages, then number and order the remaining pages any way you want?