Elevation Callouts Delete When Elevation Tab Closed

Racergirl731

Hi All... utter newbie here, and I have NO idea how I created this problem, but I'm pulling my hair out.

I'm using the newest version of CA, if that helps.

I'm drawings out the rooms I need to put cabinets in. Everything was fine yesterday. This morning, I placed my elevation callouts for the kitchen to start drawing the cabinets in that room, and then closed the elevation tabs for the areas I wasn't working on, and all those callouts disappeared.

When I went to place the callouts again, instead of starting at 5 (I have 4 other rooms drawn already), it placed the elevation callout as 3. 

I zoomed out on the floorplan, and sure enough, the callouts from 2 of the rooms that are drawn are gone.

I've tried placing that 3 Elevation callout half a dozen times, it just disappears. 

And the count isn't increasing... so it's not like they're saved somewhere and adding up.

I tried placing the callout, then closing out of CA, it asked if I wanted to save, I said yes, when I re-opened it, the callout had disappeared again.

I am really new to the program, and I have no AutoCAD experience, so if you know what I somehow messed up, please explain it like you would to an 8 year old. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I've attached a snip of the floorplan below... I've got cabinets, but no elevation to actually look at 'em. Arrrgh!!!

Callout No Callout.jpg

My best guess is that you are using either the wall elevation or cross section camera tool to create the camera callouts in those bathrooms.  In this case, when you close the view, the callout goes away.  This is because you did not save the view.  If you were to draw any cad, text, or dimensions in the view, then the program would ask you if you want to save the camera when you close the view.  If you don't add anything, it just closes the view without saving.

Just use the "save active view" tool after you open it and then when you close the view the callout will remain.

• Like 1

Another approach to this is to use the 'Create Room Elevation Views' tool. Then delete any unwanted elevation views from that room.

All the views will be named and numbered logically and automatically saved.

Single click on the room and then select this tool from the bottom toolbar:

image.thumb.png.4958fad8d6ac64a3822ced80196dc713.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

My best guess is that you are using the wall elevation camera tool to create the camera callouts in those bathrooms.  In this case, when you close the view, the callout goes away.  This is because you did not save the view.  If you were to draw any cad, text, or dimensions in the view, then the program would ask you if you want to save the camera when you close the view.  If you don't add anything, it just closes the view without saving.

Just use the "save active view" tool after you open it and then when you close the view the callout will remain.

OMG OMG this worked!!!!! THANK YOU!!! 

You have NO idea how you just pulled my truck out of the mud lol...

Not sure why I need to take this extra step now, but if it means my elevations stay where they belong, I don't even care! 

Thank you! :)

@Racergirl731 we can help better when we know what software you are using, and the platform on which it runs.

The four Chiefers who responded to your post all are showing their creds, as am I.  You should do the same.  Click on your name top right, go to SETTINGS, look for SIGNATURE, and enter your info and digits.  Thanks.