Sending To Layout

HERETOGO

Or just turn off all the box labels by turning it off in the  layout layer display DBX.

Perry,

I generally don't want to do that because I like to use the "Box Label" for the scale display or some other customized text using macros.  That means I need to have the Layout Labels Layer displayed.

• 1 month later...

I went to edit, default settings, active defaults, edit.  I turned the layout box labels off and clicked ok.  It turned it off on the layout I was currently working on, but when I close out of the program and do it again, the label is back

As Joe suggested select the Layout Box, open the Object Layer Properties dbx, then unselect the Disp column for the Layout Box Labels layer:

post-95-0-89319100-1431444833_thumb.png

...or as Perry suggested, open the Layout Page Display Options and turn off the Layout Box Labels for the Layer Set:

post-95-0-86831000-1431445070_thumb.png

I am able to suppress the labels the way Perry and Joe described; however, when I create a new plan and send it to the layout I still the "1st Floor" label.  I am wondering if there is a way to make it default so every time I create a plan and layout the label doesn't show up or do I have to go in and suppress it manually each time?

I am able to suppress the labels the way Perry and Joe described; however, when I create a new plan and send it to the layout I still the "1st Floor" label.  I am wondering if there is a way to make it default so every time I create a plan and layout the label doesn't show up or do I have to go in and suppress it manually each time?

Make the change, as Perry suggested, then save the layout as a template. If you create a new layout that hasn't been modified and saved, then of course the Layout Box Labels will keep appearing.

Make the change, as Perry suggested, then save the layout as a template. If you create a new layout that hasn't been modified and saved, then of course the Layout Box Labels will keep appearing.

I think that is were your mixed up because I did that before. You cannot set this as a global setting. You have to save your changes as a template like Robert describes. So I needed to learn the difference between global setting and plan settings.

Did I say that right guys?